Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PAL PS2 games on NTSC PS3?

Hello

Now this is not at all a request for anything enabling the use of backups etc.

Basically my uk ps2 is pretty dead and I happen to have both a JP and a USA PS3. The us one hasnt had its firmware upgraded at all since it was bought (it's a 60gb original model)

I was hoping/wondering what with all the psp firmware talk that someone had done something similar for the PS3?

Basically I'm hoping for something that will enable me to run my Pal games on my USA Ps3 so that they are running on hardware rather then the software emulation I'd get if I ran them on a PAL ps3 (which id have to buy and an older model too so pretty pricy)

I've seen videos for backup switches etc but thats not really what I'm after, just a way to play my original pal games (as I'm informed the ps3 goes some way towards alleviating that horrible blur you get running them through a lcd tv with a standard ps2)

Thanks to any repliers

dont think its possible m8 - prob be best just getting yourself a cheap PAL ps2

Comment

yeah seeing as my ps2 is fried (is a first generation model) and will only play discs now if its vertical or upside down I figured I might have to

a question though, does the ps3 really make much of a difference on the picture quality when its sent to a lcd tv? as if this difference is negligible I'd just pick up a ps2

Comment

A backwards compatible ps3 with up to date firmware, will upscale ps2 games, so yes, although some games look better than others.

Comment

heh yet again being PAL proves a problem as even if I did splash out for a old 60gb pal unit its still only software based emulation.

Hmm well thanks for the replies I'll hang onto the spare ps3 in case something shows up down the line =>

Comment

Have you considered trying to fit a replacement laser to you old PS2?

Comment

To be honest it isnt really worth even going down the replacement laser route seeing as PSTwos can be found so cheap.

My local Tesco has brand new black machines for 30 quid and silver ones for 50!

Comment

ok...thats cheap => thanks for the tip

Comment

Hah as luck would have it PS2's now appaear to be extinct.

Hmm is there an emulator in existence that can run original games? sorta like expse?

Comment

Working...
                  X