Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! PC HDMI out aspect ratio problems!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! PC HDMI out aspect ratio problems!

Right, I haven't been able to find any information about this anywhere, so i'll start with the specs.

I've got an Acer Aspire 6920g laptop with HDMI out and a GeForce 9500m GS graphics card. I've also gotten myself a Samsung LE32B530 HDTV supporting 1080p. I'm using Vista 32bit.

I'm using the latest nVidia mobile forceware drivers but i'm having some serious issues. No driver changes at all have helped solve this problem.

When using HDMI out into the TV, the screen will only display 16:10 aspect ratio properly. It's a 16:9 TV...

Whenever I try to get it to display either 720p or 1080p, the TV will report 1920x1080@60hz but the picture will be off the edges of the screen and all the colours are incredibly weird. Setting a custom resolution to 1920x1080 32bit 60hz just results in Custom Mode Test Failed.

1440x900@60hz is perfect though... Just the wrong ratio!

I can get the picture to fit using Underscanning but the colours are EXTREMELY off and the picture quality is absolutely awful, this doesn't happen with 16:10 aspect ratio though!

I can try doing it with VGA too but then I get some really, really bizarre resolution like 1680x1050 while the PC's reporting 1920x1080...
    Last edited by Silvergun X; 28-09-2009, 14:30.

Apparently renaming this input 'PC' or 'DVI PC' disables all the post processing and puts it into some kind of PC mode. Maybe that willl help.

Comment

On the TV its in advance settings to auto fit. (rename doesnt work on all samsung screens)
      In Nvidia control panel resize desktop is in the "Adjust destop size and position"

Last edited by huxley; 28-09-2009, 18:53.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
        Apparently renaming this input 'PC' or 'DVI PC' disables all the post processing and puts it into some kind of PC mode. Maybe that willl help.
        Holy crap, you've done it.

This sorted everything out, I can't believe something as ridiculous as that sorted it all out!

Thank you so very, VERY much!

Comment

"Can I have it" = Compliment

Any chance you can send me that cool wallpaper of yours, my name is Paul & I also have a HC?

Would understand if you didnt want to share?

Comment

Sure pm your email and ill send it to you - its 1920 x 1080.
            Its a screen grab from a render I did of the fox intro complete with a Rammstein soundtrack.
            Last edited by huxley; 29-09-2009, 23:59.

Comment

Working...
            X