Modded xbox help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modded xbox help

Stupidly, deleted xbmc off my xbox as i was updating it. It's set to boot straight to xbmc, so is just hanging now on the green screen.

Cant fp to it anymore, is my only option Slayers or AiD?

There's a bizarre hot swap thing where you can access the disk direct from the PC. Could be making that up though.

Comment

No you are right on that one, think thats a last resort after the last resort of Slayers.

Comment

Is it chipped or softmodded? You have quite a few more options if its chipped...

Comment

Chipped.

Comment

A basic EvoX boot disc will get you back your FTP.

Comment

Having a bit of a mare finding Slayers.

Found AiD, burnt the iso, but it didn't work. I used a CD-r and a dvd+R, on a Thompson drive, so could be the drive, could be the media.

Why is Slayers so hard to find?

Comment

Have you not got a special boot menu for the chip?, I did the same as you a while back when updating xbmc, luckily my xenium ice had a boot up menu if I held down eject which allowed me to access FTP.

Comment

Dont think so, no. Ill give it a try though.

Cheers for the pointer.

Comment

Found Slayers fairly easily the other week. Had to eliminate torrents from my google search.

Comment

^

Cheers

Still no joy, burnt Slayers to a CD-R, dvd+R and -R now, still nothing.

Could be the burning, i'm doing it on a Mac, think that may be it?

Originally posted by Link83 View Post
                      Is it chipped or softmodded? You have quite a few more options if its chipped...
                      Care to elaborate?

Comment

Originally posted by Wavey Pavey View Post
                        Care to elaborate?
                        Sure, sorry for the delay.

Its basically what Pharfecthd was saying - most chips have a bios that you can access by holding down certain buttons. It depends on the chip as to the way you access it, but a quick google of your chip should help you out.

I know with the Xecuter 3 you hold down the white button on the controller whilst turning the Xbox on to access the 'Config Live' menu, and as Pharfecthd said, with with a Xenium Ice you hold down the eject button. It really depends on the chip, but almost all have a bios menu you can access which should give you FTP settings access so you can put XBMC back.

Hope thats helps, good luck
                        Last edited by Link83; 29-09-2009, 20:03.

Comment

Thanks mate, much appreciated.

Pretty sure it's a 2.6, which it seems doesn't have one, according to Google

Comment

I am not an expert on the Xecuter 2.6, but i'm pretty sure it has a couple of bios banks - any idea what bios you have on the other banks? (There are other Xecuter 2.6 compatible bios which have FTP servers built in)

The other thing I read is that certain revisions of the X2 bios already have an FTP server built in, taken from here:-

and here:-

Changes 4977-4978:
                            - Added FTP server, IP: 192.168.10.123, Mask: 255.255.0.0, login/password: x3/x3
                            - FTP server starts up if you keep the 'A' button pressed on bootup, otherwise the dashes are run
                            (I know it mentions X3 as the login/pass, but its actually an X2 bios)

If that doesnt help im not sure what else to suggest

Smouty and fahrenheit are the real experts though, hopefully they will be along to give you more/better advice
                            Last edited by Link83; 29-09-2009, 22:08.

Comment

The EvoX disc is pretty straight forwards to make (should be doable on a Mac too).

You just need the default.xbe, a folder called 'Skin' which will have at least one skin in it (the default ones that come with most redistributions are 'Gears' and 'RuDeDuDe2' and the evox.ini. That needs to be turned into an iso called 'Evox' which is then burned to CD/DVD as an image. Its under 3mb in size.
                              Sometimes burning such a small size to a disc can cause a few read issues, so you can stuff the iso with a junk file. Just zip up some garbarge data around 550mb in size and call it 00000.dat
                              This will push the important data to the outer edge of the disc.

No idea where you can find the files to make the iso, but its pretty small (don't download anything that is as big as an entire disc).

Alternatively, do you have an exploitable game like Splinter Cell or Mech Assault and a mem unit/flash drive/action replay card, or access to another modded Xbox?

Comment

Working...
                              X