Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what fully working emulators are available for xbox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what fully working emulators are available for xbox?

im thinking about getting one and if there is a working emulator for a console i already own then it stands to reason i wouldnt need that anymore and could sell it to fund my xbox. so whats available?

SNES emulation is basically perfect, and there are translation patches for loads of games which never got an English language release. There are also adaptors available (and guides on how to make one yourself) for SNES pads so you can use them with your PC. Or if replacing the console with your XBox is the idea, XSnes9X is very good.

Megadrive, NES, Master System - ditto for PC emulation. I'm unsure about the state of XBox emulation for all of these though.

Comment

yeah, im pretty good with pc emulation but i know those emulators wont work on an xbox. is there only xsnes9x?? cause i was hoping for snes, md and maybe saturn emulation on the xbox.

Comment

Originally posted by jethro jazz
        yeah, im pretty good with pc emulation but i know those emulators wont work on an xbox. is there only xsnes9x?? cause i was hoping for snes, md and maybe saturn emulation on the xbox.
        There's an MD emulator, which is a port from one of the popular PC ones (can't remember which one it is though), which runs just fine from what I've played on it (just Sonic 2 and the Streets of Rage series so far ).

Ports so far:

Comment

So far there is:

mameX - that does whatever mame on the pc does, but theres limits due to 64mb of ram remember.

mamoX - Ditto.

Neogenesis - the best MD emulator there is, by "xport" (this guy is the man btw) plays everything including megaCD and 32x pretty well perfectly, and supports various filters and 480p etc.

XboyAdvance - (by xport) Plays GBA and GB/GBC games pretty well flawlessly, filters and 480p supported again

Kawa-X - Plays neogeo and CPS1/2 games, the 64mb ram limit doesnt apply to this emulator due to the use of virtual memory, or as I like to call it, magic. can be patched to support 480p and already supports a myriad of filters, especialy great for MS games this one.

Xsnes9x - (by lantus) plays pretty well everything snes game flawlessly, supports filters and everything, not sure about 480p support but u can patch it in if you want/need it.

ScummVmx - (by guybrush) An implementation of SummVM for the xbox, allows you to play all the scumm classics, monkey island 1/2/3, day of the tentacle, beneath a steel sky etc near flawlessly, supports mouse and keyboard, filters and 480p if patched.

DosBox - (by xport) allows u to play a lot of dos games for 286/386, dont know much about this one on account of never having used it but apparently its very good.

PCSX - (by xport) playstation emulator, not very good compatability wise but vaguely better than nothing i suppose.

there are a ton more emulators for some of the atari consoles and the msx and stuff, though i have never used them im sure they are great, (anything by xport is)

heres some helpfull links too :

[/url]

Comment

PCSXBox?? does this run PSX roms or the games from CD's? i presume roms, is there nothing saturn wise then?

Comment

i think it only runs roms, there is no saturn emulator on account of their is no opensource saturn emulator that works yet, not even on the pc

Comment

crap ft:

but i guess i can sell my 64 and maybe my snes

Comment

a PSX rom? CD images, you mean perhaps.

There is a Saturn emu, chaps (PC).

Comment

if there is a saturn emu on pc, does that mean theres a chance of one being released for the xbox?

Comment

No, as I believe this emulator was written by Sega.

Comment

Here's a list of the current emulators that are available (none of them are downloadable at that site, mind.)

Pretty much all emulation on the 'Box is fine, apart from N64 Emulation (only small meg carts like Mario 64 and MK64 run at their best), which will hopefully sort itself out once they sort out virtual memory, which I hope will be soon.

Comment

oww

Comment

I did say there was no open source saturn emulator.

Comment

The Hugo PC Engine/Turbo Grafx emulator is also worth a mention.

Like xSnes9x its pretty much flawless compatibility wise....

Comment

Working...
                              X