Marketplace Lips Rip-off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marketplace Lips Rip-off?

I've never had this before! I went to download the "free" song "Take on Me" (A Ha) and it still said "free", which surprised me as it was only supposed to be free for a limited time.

Nonetheless, there it was, with "Free" next to it. I clicked to download it, "confirm" and then as I clicked confirm, the price changed to 160MS points! It was already too late though!

I feel conned!

Can I complain about this, is it worth the hassle?

My advice is to not worry the 160 points, but send them an email to point out the error so others don't fall into the same trap. If you get the points back, then that's a small thing.

I bought a track from Lips twice by mistake once when the previous Lips shop was Fubar. I forgot about it, but they did refund me the 160 points and sent me an email about 10 weeks later, so they should be aware there have been errors in the past with Lips dlc.

Comment

I had the exact same problem with another game doing the same thing

I ended up spending two months making calls and sending emails daily only to be given a load of time wasting nonsense till finally I got my 800 MS points back.

What bugs me is throughout the process I madea point that it wasnt just about getting my points back but also making sure no other poor sod got the same treatment

Seems it went in on ear and out the other

Still if your prepared to waste that much time it might get refunded I guess it depend s on how much you value 160 MS points vs the time needed

Sorry to hear it happened to you too though

Comment

If you want to prevent it happening again, it might be better to report the issue to trading standards or something.

Comment

Working...
        X