Setting up a PSP online (security key)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting up a PSP online (security key)

I recently got another PSP, I'm staying with the wife and they have wireless.

I'm on the PC now and when using my PSP it finds the router but I'm not sure what to enter as the WPA key.

I can access the router but I have no idea how to find the correct key.

Please could anyone help?

Thank you

It differs from router to router, if you specify the make/model it should be easy enough to work out though.

(Also, moving this to the right forum. )

Comment

Thank you N45..its a Thompson. TG123g (the modem is also a thompson)

Comment

Hmm, I'm showing that up as a USB device? Do you not have a wireless enabled router that you connect to (That connects to your phone line)?

Comment

Everything is behind a desk which is absolutely jammed packed with everything on. All I can see is the modem and a router that flashes green.

Its definitely wireless as I have the laptop upstairs sometimes (they have a lappy and a desktop)

Sorry with the sparse info....no worries if it can't be sorted.

Comment

I'm guessing the Thomson model you linked is what gets their desktop online via wireless, so it won't be what the PSP will connect to. Basically you should have a router that connects to the DSL line (Assuming DSL not cable) that will also be the wireless access point that you connect to.

Within the management interface for the router there will be settings for all sorts of things, including the wireless. You can find the router IP address by opening a Command Prompt (Start > run > type 'cmd' (without the quotes) and hit enter) and typing in 'ipconfig' (Again without the quotes). One of the lines will define the default gateway, in the format of xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, and if you browse to that IP address you should get to the management interface of the router.

Once you're at that point though it's going to differ depending on the router itself. Best bet is to go to the manufacturer website and check the manual for the model (Unless you have the physical manual handy, which is even better). It's normally pretty straightforward once you've found the right location.

Comment

Heyas N..I found the network key, I guess that is what I was looking for as it was under the WPA...its encrypted however, shows something like this ********

I guess I will have to speak to the father when I get chance...

Thank you for all your help.

Comment

You could always change it, that would sort you out!

And break all of the other wireless enabled devices!

Comment

Hehe..don't want to upset the inlaws! I'll ask when I can...Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                  X