Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X2VGA High Definition VGA Pack for Xbox (Neoya)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X2VGA High Definition VGA Pack for Xbox (Neoya)

Just curious, has anyone got/used/seen one of these in action?
    I've been looking for a good VGA solution for the xbox for ages, and came across this.
    It's not like these crappy vga adaptors you usually come across, It takes the progressive signal from an NTSC xbox and outputs to VGA, including the hi-def modes 720p 1080i.
    The online reviews are looking very positive, it seems the picture quality is comparable to true VGA.
    I just ordered one from www.x2vga.com, this site has other details regarding the adaptor. I'm expecting delivery early next week so if anyone's interested, i'll post my findings here.

(and no they're not paying me!!)

hi,

yes matey, i have one of this. i think so far it is the best VGA adapter i had for my xbox. i have tried many VGA solutions including Sagestar's line doubling crap VGA adapter. i also used to have Ken Gasper's CV01 and Digital-X's XVGA(both are known in the xbox community for their VGA solutions for xbox), but i sold them both on this website a few weeks back . both are excellent VGA solutions particularly the CV01 as it is also compatible with 480p, 720p and 1080i. the XVGA from digital-x was also good though i haven't noticed it until i got my X2VGA that the picture was a bit darker on digital-x's and it only supports 480p.

the X2VGA(with 480p, 720p and 1080i compatibility) on the other hand has the EasyView feature which enables you to use the dashboard on your monitor using this adapter. it is far easier to set up the video on the dashboard using this. you dont need to set up the video blindly like on CV01 and XVGA. picture quality is great as well, colours are vibrant and the picture is crisp and clean. it is brighter as well!

another advantage is the quality of the adapter itself. it is well made with excellent casings and really sturdy plastic covers. not like digital-x's XVGA where it is possible to crush it if you stepped on it accidentally..hehe. it also comes with excellent instructions manuals to get you going if you don't know how to set it up. delivery is approximately 9 days from taiwan to UK. thats how long i had to wait when i ordered it. not like Ken Gasper's CV01 where you need to wait 5 weeks after you order and digital-x with its 3 weeks waiting time.

though not on the same par as DC-VGA in terms of overall picture quality, nevertheless it is possibly the best VGA solution you could get on your xbox. there is also a Optical TosLink to connect into for those who are interested in using the xbox's digital sound feature...

cheers!

Comment

Thanks for the info Aegen. Sounds cool, I'm looking forward to receiving mine. I've never actually played the DC thru VGA (though I can imagine the quality would be the same as GC with the modded VGA Cable which I'm also using?)
      I was using Scancom AVT-3700 previously http://www.scancom.ltd.uk/products/a...x/avt-3700.htm

It wasn't too bad, you could connect virtually anything to output to VGA/Component progressive but it only takes interlaced 480i signals and converts them, so obviously you cannot make use of the 720p functions of the xbox etc.

I'll be selling this pretty soon I think.

Comment

hehe, that thing is crap mate. not sure about your experience with THAT but i wouldn't touch that thing...

anyways, X2VGA is an excellent VGA adapter. you will be happy with it. let me know how it goes in your monitor. what monitor do you have anyways?

finally, some people have said that the hack VGA cable for the GC produces darker pictures. CV01 was also compatible with the GC if you are running a progrssive scan compatible game, but i thought the picture was too dark to play on it. not sure about the hack VGA cable though...

cheers!

Comment

Working...
        X