Cleaning snes cartridge port

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaning snes cartridge port

I got a snes earlier. Set it up and turned on the power with a game in. Got nothing but a black screen. I was thinking that this is probably due to the cartridge port being dirty. I've heard before that theres a way to clean this. Anyone have any advice? Thanks

Very first result on Google, a search engine is a wonderful thing.

Comment

You can use Lynx deoderant (make sure it's not antipersperant though!) and ear-cleaners to clean carts with. Haven't worked out a safe method for cleaning cart slots with household items yet though.

Comment

I was cleaning the slot when I noticed that one of the gold contacts in the cartridge slot is gone, so I guess thats why it wont work. Should I just dump this now or is there a relatively easy way to fix this?

Comment

If one of the contacts is gone its not the end of the world as many games don't use them all, but without you indicating which contact it is I can't tell you what its function was As far as fixing goes I'm not sure how to go about it but you could always buy a replacement connector and fit that in, but its probably not worth the hassle. Just pop down to a local carboot and pick up a snes for less than five quid, you can probably haggle it down if its all horrible and yellow, then just swap the insides over

Comment

Thanks for the info. I think I'll just look out for a different snes at markets and stuff, although I don't see them too often at car boot sales , tons of megadrives , but usually not a snes in sight.

Comment

Blow on the cartridge port/cartridge. Some people will say this will oxydise the connections and ruin 'em, but that (in theory) should be extremely uncommon as they are gold plated.

Comment

Working...
              X