Do You Have A Panasonic DVD Recorder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do You Have A Panasonic DVD Recorder?

I want one!! They have come down to ?250 including full mod to play all region DVD's.

Does anyone have one, do they work ok? do you get any blockly pics? The reason I ask is because 1st gen stuff sometimes is a bit dodgy.

Thanks
    Pete

(the model is DMR-50)

EDIT - Also Techtronics sell a special scart cable that allows VCR mode. Is this a cable they have modded or is it just a normal RGB scart cable with all the pins?

www.avforums.com

Comment

Yeah I have one (mine is multi-region as well) and it is a very good machine, had mine for about seven months now and I paid a lot more for mine.

You have 1 hour (best quality), 2 hour (medium quality) and 4 hour recording modes.

I generally use 2 hour for most stuff as it's better than vcr quality and if you use dvd-ram instead of dvd-r it's easier to edit the adverts and svcd joins out

Obviously you can link it to sky+ or a tivo and have proper rgb quality for tv backups and if you have a proper dvd player that accepts dvd-ram (I have a Panasonic DVD-RA82 as my main player) you can link them as well.

You can also buy dvd-ram drives for your pc and transfer the data over and edit the menus as well because the menu creation system on the recorder is very, very basic.

BTW the dmr-e50 is at least third generation of home dvd recorders and there's a lot more manufacturers bringing these types of recorders out next month.

Comment

Working...
      X