Saturn usb pads on PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturn usb pads on PS3

Thinking of getting rid of my Sega saturn ps2 pad and replacing it with a saturn usb pad for my ps3. Do the usb saturn pads work with ps2 games on a ps3? Thanks.

Yup, the PS3 will accept any old HID compliant controller.

Comment

Originally posted by CrispyXUK View Post
      Yup, the PS3 will accept any old HID compliant controller.
      i know they work on ps3, but do they work with ps2 games played on a ps3? Also could anyone recommend a ebay seller that has genuine SLS pad's? Seems the market has been flooded with fakes since i last looked. If not i'll just keep the ps2 saturn pad i suppose.

Comment

Unfortunately, they don't work for PS2 games due to their lack of "PS" button.

When booting PS2 backwards-compatability mode, the PS3 turns off all controllers and you need that PS button to "sign" the controller back in. They work fine for PS1 games, but you'll be screwed if the game makes significant use of the SELECT button, since there isn't one of those either.

I got my genuine one from ebay. Can't remember who from, but they highlighted the difference between fake and real with pictures in the auction.

Comment

Originally posted by Kubrick View Post
          Unfortunately, they don't work for PS2 games due to their lack of "PS" button.

When booting PS2 backwards-compatability mode, the PS3 turns off all controllers and you need that PS button to "sign" the controller back in. They work fine for PS1 games, but you'll be screwed if the game makes significant use of the SELECT button, since there isn't one of those either.

I got my genuine one from ebay. Can't remember who from, but they highlighted the difference between fake and real with pictures in the auction.
          ah, thanks for the info. I'll skip it and keep what i have then, as thats not much use to me. Thanks all.

Comment

Originally posted by Kubrick View Post
            they highlighted the difference between fake and real with pictures in the auction.
            Thats interesting, can you rmember the differences? I think I may have bought some fakes. However they seem to work fine.

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X