Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help needed: GameCube modded RGB lead...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Papercut

So you need to get the cable changed to auto switch on rgb.
    Yep, seems like that's the cure. Do you know anyone who would be able to add the auto switch to the lead?

Posted: Thu Sep 11, 11:46 pm
    Your tv dont accept true RGB.
    I had same problem with Saurious RGB.. mine wouldent work or it was black and white if I put it in slightly......
    I'm certain it does, otherwise I wouldn't be able to play all my imports in colour...Plus the picture is sharp and clear for every console I own which is connected via RGB leads.

Last thing to try dude! Remove the argos scart splitter from the equation. Plug the cable in direct. If that solves it, there are two other buttons on the splitter that need to both be up; you have to try and press them both at once slightly until they both pop up (normally when you press one the other pops up).
    Hmm... do you mean the re-code tabs? If so, I tryed it with both of them popped up, and the same thing happened. And I also tryed plugging in the lead directly but same result still happened.

Look's like I'll have to send it someone to take a look. It's not broken or anything because I can get a colour RGB picture if I press the text button, but then the picture's jumpy.

Comment

Originally posted by WazMeister
      Means your tv cant do proper RGB (I think.. I guessing here so dont flame me I trying my best).
      If u use PS2 rgb and xbox I am guessing its the pal offical ones or none true rgb ones..... as I said I use RGB on my ps2 so my cube rgb should work but it dident.
      Crono can see a color picture when in teletext mode, which means that his TV probably can accept rgb. It just isn't switching to rgb mode.

I've seen this happen before on older tvs, when in Teletext mode the rgb signal from the scart gets mixed with the rgb signal from teletext. The tv uses the sync signal from teletext which is why the picture isn't stable.

Also, Crono seems to know what rgb switching looks like from his PS2 and Xbox.

You're right though, if Crono's TV only accepted composite video through the scart connector, that could have been the problem.

I don't think this is a flame

Comment

Originally posted by Crono

Yep, seems like that's the cure. Do you know anyone who would be able to add the auto switch to the lead?
        Well, I'd recommend Saurian, but if hes not available then I could do it for you.

You have a Cube and not a Panasonic Q right? In that case it's dead easy, we just need to replace the analog av part of the cable with another av cable that has the voltage pins wired up (ie. a snes rgb scart lead or similar).

Comment

Well, I'd recommend Saurian, but if hes not available then I could do it for you.

You have a Cube and not a Panasonic Q right? In that case it's dead easy, we just need to replace the analog av part of the cable with another av cable that has the voltage pins wired up (ie. a snes rgb scart lead or similar).
          Yep, I have a Cube. Ah, that's probably the problem because the av lead which is currently connected, is unamed i.e. it doesn't have 'official nintendo' on it. So it's just a case of getting an Official Nintendo composite lead? Would the composite lead which came with Cube I got work (which is official)?

I've seen no sign of Saurian of late, so it would be much appreciated if you'd be able to do it for me.

Comment

Yep, I have a Cube. Ah, that's probably the problem because the av lead which is currently connected, is unamed i.e. it doesn't have 'official nintendo' on it. So it's just a case of getting an Official Nintendo composite lead? Would the composite lead which came with Cube I got work (which is official)?
            no no no

A normal composite video cable can be used to build these modded rgb cables. They don't have the rgb switch voltage wired up.

What I was saying was, we need to replace this part of the cable with something that _does_ have the rgb switch voltage wired up. Like a snes rgb scart cable for example.

... and as I said earlier, I _thought_ Saurian used cables with the rgb switch wired up, so there could still be another problem.

You can also take 12v off the digital av port instead, but that might not be possible or look very messy depending on how the original mod was done (and whether it was a phono or d terminal lead in the first place).

tbh the difference in quality between a Nintendo composite video av cable and a no-brand one isn't much anyway.

I've seen no sign of Saurian of late, so it would be much appreciated if you'd be able to do it for me.
            I should be able to figure all this out and see what we need if I look at the cable.

I'll pm you

Comment

Working...
            X