Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

trying to play modern warfare 2 online (360)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trying to play modern warfare 2 online (360)

I just cannot get a game, have not been able to play online since i owned the damn thing, more specifically, if i try to join a game on my own it never ever finds one or any more players for me, i can play if a friend happens to be playing and invites me to their game, but never at any other time and i'm starting to get really pissed at it now, somebody pointed out to me something about NAT settings and it does say in the menu that my NAT type is strict, i have no knowledge of what this means or how to change it, can anybody please shed any light?

howdy, you essential have to open ports on your router to xbox live.

Now before we get into that complication, are you indeed connected to the internet via a modem/router? and if so, what make and manufacture (check the under side), that way we can have a look at the online manual and write a proper step by step guide for you.

Comment

I'm connected wirelessly to a BT homehub, many thanks for any help you can offer, probably goes without saying i know little of this.

Comment

thanks for the links there, haven't got round to trying it yet but will in due course, thanks again

Comment

I have found with my homehub 2 that turning it off and then on again resets your Nat settings to open. Works like a charm with mine every time. Worth a try?

Comment

think i'll give that a try next time i go online first and see how that goes, will save the faffing about with passkeys etc

Comment

crap i suddenly sat up in bed last night and realised that i never looked at this thread again, many sorrys booth i hope youve had some success in the mean time

Comment

I just placed the 360 in a DMZ (via the router) - should be an option for it on the homehub. Then everything gets through.

Comment

Working...
                X