Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pal vs NTSC Soul Caliber 2

Hi peeps

Just read GameTms Pal review of Soul Caliber 2, and it got me a bit worried.

It sounds as if the game has been completely ruined in its Pal guise. I reckon I might get the US version for the GC now, but it is becoming harder to get import titles now on the GC.

Does anyone know where I can get a US copy copy of SC2?

Also what are peoples thoughts on the review....do you think SC" has been ruined completely in its Pal transition, or could you live with it?

Cheers

Originally posted by jayboy
    Hi peeps

Just read GameTms Pal review of Soul Caliber 2, and it got me a bit worried.

It sounds as if the game has been completely ruined in its Pal guise. I reckon I might get the US version for the GC now, but it is becoming harder to get import titles now on the GC.

Does anyone know where I can get a US copy copy of SC2?

Also what are peoples thoughts on the review....do you think SC" has been ruined completely in its Pal transition, or could you live with it?

Cheers
    Why is it harder? Use dvdboxoffice.com - it couldn't be much easier really

Comment

If the changes made to the PAL version to make the game that much worse, then you want to ignore the US version and go straight for the JPN version.

The changes made are nothing to do with PAL/NTSC difference and more changes Namco made to the game itsel which were also made to the US version.

Also, I've not read the review yet, but I did have a conversation with MartTM on these forums where he detailed what the problems were. Some of the problems were to do with the extras that have been added not being implemented well. The result is that on the whole the package feels slightly worse (due to lack of effort) although if you play the game without the extras, the game will play just as well as the Japanese version.

More slowdown and unfair AI were also mentioned, but I'd obviously need to play the PAL/US version properly to be able to comment on those fully.

Comment

I'll check that out ta ^^^^^^^^

i see u have SC2, pleased with it?

Comment

Originally posted by C'
          If the changes made to the PAL version to make the game that much worse, then you want to ignore the US version and go straight for the JPN version.

The changes made are nothing to do with PAL/NTSC difference and more changes Namco made to the game itsel which were also made to the US version.
          I used to have the JAP GC version and I prefer the US version to be honest. Maybe it is fair to say that if you let an extra 4 characters be playable they should at least have move lists but I prefer that to not being able to play them at all. The dungeon mode is harder now which is good, JAP version was pathetic on that! to me the enemy AI is tighter too which makes 1 player more fun. I look on it as a 5% improvement to me on the JAP version, I can see what gamesTM are saying but I know which version I get on with better!

Comment

Originally posted by AllYourBase
            Originally posted by C'

I used to have the JAP GC version and I prefer the US version to be honest. Maybe it is fair to say that if you let an extra 4 characters be playable they should at least have move lists but I prefer that to not being able to play them at all. The dungeon mode is harder now which is good, JAP version was pathetic on that! to me the enemy AI is tighter too which makes 1 player more fun. I look on it as a 5% improvement to me on the JAP version, I can see what gamesTM are saying but I know which version I get on with better!
            That's good to hear. The AI always put up a good fight in the Japanese version (on the higher settings - although the hardest was ultra cheap and not a good representation of playing human opponents).

But, I'm only getting the PAL version for the Museum Mode anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by C'
              That's good to hear. The AI always put up a good fight in the Japanese version (on the higher settings - although the hardest was ultra cheap and not a good representation of playing human opponents).

But, I'm only getting the PAL version for the Museum Mode anyway.
              Well to me the AI has always been a little cheap on this game, the US version doesn't seem to be any better or any worse. It is nice to know what weapons I am buying in the shop for what character now. I prefer the JAP voices to the US thou, good thing I am switch them over to JAP in the options.

Run out and buy this, NOW!

Comment

Originally posted by jayboy
                but it is becoming harder to get import titles now on the GC.
                Eh? Surely you meant easier? They are all over ebay. Goblin will post them to you next day. dvdboxoffice will post them to you a little cheaper in a week. Our forsale and wanted forums are smothered with GC stuff.

Comment

i think he means from import shops in the uk

Comment

Working...
                  X