Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Downloading/buying games from PSN without broadband?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Downloading/buying games from PSN without broadband?

I have a PS3 and original US PSP at the moment, however I have no broadband so I've never used the PSN network and no real experience downloading games etc.

However I'm interested in buying some PSOne classics to play on PSP AND PS3. With no access to PSN through my PS3 I assume I could go online with my PSP and buy/download them. But can they be used on my PS3 also?

It's all a bit alien to me, so if anyone understood the jist of that and can clarify my options, that would be great. Thanks+.

I don't think you can do the transfer that way unfortunately. You can download from the PS3 and transfer to the PSP (There's even a mechanism for 'sharing' saves) but I think you're out of luck for making the transfer in the opposite direction.

Comment

Bugger. I thought there might be a snag like that. Largely why I've put off looking into it.

Ok, thank you.

Comment

In the past I downloaded PS1 classics using just my PSP but I have no idea if it could be uploaded to PS3.

Comment

Yeah, you can definitely do that without any fuss. Remember whatever you buy stays in your download list, so you could potentially cart your PS3 over to a broadband owning friends place and download from there whenever it's convenient.

Comment

I may try that then. I always intended to get Wipeout HD through a friends broadband connection. I ended up buying that on disc recently, but if purchases stay regestered to any account I make, I'd could easily take the PS3 round and update it with them.

Thanks guys. Food for thought.

Comment

Working...
            X