Music programes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Music programes?

Could anyone reccomend some good music making programes to use? I've got cool edit pro but the only use i really have for that is increasing/decreasing the tempo of tracks. I want a program thats gonna increase the bass to a track or add a bigger beat to it. Also dunno if u can do it but something that could possibly take out the vocals to a track so i just have the vocals wit no music or vise versa.

Btw I have both a pc and a mac so pls recommend software for either platform.

Phil

Probably what you're wanting to get hold of though is something like SOUNDFORGE for the PC or PEAK for the Mac. You can throw whole song aiffs into these and then alter the EQ or use a filter to try and tweak the bass up or subdue the vocals.

This isn't what remixers do though as they'll have the original channels for each track. Altering EQ or using a filter on a complete track is *dirty* - more than likely there'll be either traces of the vocals in there or you'll swamp the bass. It's virtually impossible to keep it clean without having every part of the track separate.

Comment

Also, you can do pretty much everything SoundForge can do with Cool Edit Pro with a bit of work and some studious manual reading. Its mainly the interface and some performance speed that SoundForge gets you.

You can easily re-EQ in CEP in the menus, but if you're actually adding beats go into multi-channel mode, and slap them in as samples (from wherever) sequencing them up as extra channels, and then mix back down to stereo when you've finished.

Comment

Working...
      X