Liquid Cooling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liquid Cooling

Decided to make the move from my AC 7 to liquid cooling. I've never built or added a liquid cooling cooling system before, have pc building experience. Had a look at this to pop on the cpu. Is that all there is too it? (For cpu at least)

Wouldn't mind some basic insight as to what parts i need,as it would be nice to go the whole hog and cool everything but getting an overview of the process. Cost isn't a issue either.
    Last edited by Rep; 19-12-2009, 18:40.

That's about as basic as they get. I think it's safer to use that, if you've never set up a liquid system (there's always the risk of a potential leak in a more complex system). Don't forget to use distilled water though Otherwise you'll get algae building up in the tank!

Comment

Leading the way in bespoke PC systems and PC gaming, any and all of your components & peripherals needs are met with our vast range of products and services.

Seems to get good reviews.

Comment

Does seem good but it looks like the fan speed isn't auto adjust which is a bit of a bummer.

Comment

Cheers, fan speed doesn't really bother me. I really didn't expect to get a solution that's that simple, thought i'd need pipes and allsorts. My Corsair memory is already aircooled atm too.

Will prob pick one up after xmas, my mother board craps out above 3.4ghz due to it's low vCore settings (1.25v being the highest). So the idea was to buy a new board and liquid cooler to reach 4ghz.

Comment

Can you get liquid coolers without fans that let you go silent rather than overclocked?

Comment

some of them operate the pump on a different power cable from the fans so you can turn them off. Without any airflow over the radiator you'll run it at a much higher temp though.

Comment

Working...
              X