Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xbox live with a bigger harddrive fitted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox live with a bigger harddrive fitted?

Does anyone know if it is possible to access xbox live with a modded xbox which also has a bigger harddrive, say 120gb.
    Thanks

120gb if fine and from what i read, i think you need to make your HDD "locked" in order to play xbox live. and your mod chip has to be turned off.

hope this helps.

Comment

Locking the HD is done with a simple utility... take a peek at xbox-scene.com for everything you need.

Comment

how much does a HD upgrade for the xbox cost?

Comment

80gb HDD will cost under ?60 while a 120gb HDD costs about ?80

Comment

Ive got an 80gb HD locked and running evox BIOS but I havent thrown it back into my xbox.

At the moment Im running my modded machine with the original HD, which works fine.

My question is, what way do you have to configure Evox so that it only runs it when the chip is on?

Comment

Most bios's look to boot evoxdash.xbe before xboxdash.xbe. so with the chip on it will boot evox, with it disabled it will boot microsofts xboxdash.xbe

Cheers
              Pete

Comment

Originally posted by nonny
                At the moment Im running my modded machine with the original HD, which works fine.
                Nonny ? do you mean that you are running a chipped xbox on XBLive? I have an Executor (v1) fitted, but with absolutely no other modifications. No EvoX, no nuttin'

Should I still be able to get onto Xbox Live?

Comment

Working...
                X