Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partitioning the HDD on a Samsung NC10 - any help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Partitioning the HDD on a Samsung NC10 - any help?

Got a Samsung NC10 Netbook for Christmas and I love it, but there's just one problem.

Upon booting it up for the first time, the in-built Recovery Program told me to partition the disk by selecting the size of the C: and D: drives. It was stated that I would only be allowed to do this the one time. In a slight rush of blood to the head, I plumped for a full-sized 160GB C: Drive, getting rid of the D: drive in the process. Now, I'm thinking that it might've been better to have a minimum-sized D: drive for things like quick restore/recovery (even though the C: drive already has approx. 6GB reserved for that) and document storage. But, I'm now seemingly unable to repartition the HDD after doing so initially, as mentioned above.

Does anybody know of a way to get around this? Or, if not, can anybody point me in the direction of any software that might help?

Thanks in advance.

Can you not run restore on it to get it back to factory settings, and then have it prompt you to partition again? Or does it have a "burn restore disc" option, though you'll have to format and restore before being prompted again.

Comment

Otherwise a similar program to Partition Magic should sort you out. There must be free ones on www.download.com

Comment

Working...
      X