Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a switched Saturn play PAL games at 60Hz?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can a switched Saturn play PAL games at 60Hz?

As in title really. For example, if I was to play PAL SFA2 on a switched Saturn, could I get it to run as quickly as its US and Japanese counterparts and in full screen?

Geezer

Yes I have a switced Saturn and playing these titles full screen is the only way to play them. Some titles though are enhanced to run at 50hz and glitch when switched. These are mainly 3d titles like pal VF2.

Comment

Originally posted by chipsgravy
      Yes I have a switced Saturn and playing these titles full screen is the only way to play them. Some titles though are enhanced to run at 50hz and glitch when switched. These are mainly 3d titles like pal VF2.
      Thanks for the reply
      I only want the saturn for the capcom fighters, plus nights and a couple of others. Capcom didnt optimise any of the 2d fighters for the PAL market, but the PAL versions tend to be the cheapest and easiest to come by of the 3 regions, so I guess I'll hunt the titles I want down as well as a swithed saturn

Comment

I run a US Saturn and all PAL games I have tried so far(about a dozen, though none of the ones mentioned in this thread) have worked great, and in 60hz, since the machine is 60hz only.

Comment

With some PAL games, the sound will glitch if the Saturn is switched to 60hz mode. Examples off the top of my head are the intro song to Burning Rangers and some of the longer cut-scene speech in Panzer Dragoon Saga.

Comment

PAL NiGHTS will glitch. As will Guardian Heroes.
            Best to get US versions of Saturn games if you're looking for English language. They tend to be cheaper. I got a new sealed up Nights box for $9 compared to about ?20 for a crappy brown stained unboxed PAL one on ebay.

Comment

Working...
            X