Saitek P380 gamepad - freezes PC when plugged in!!! :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saitek P380 gamepad - freezes PC when plugged in!!! :(

I just bought a Saitek P380 gamepad, basically so I can play MAME/PCE games comfortably on my PC without resorting to keyboard controls.

What's happening is this: I plug the joypad into my sole USB port, and the PC just freezes, I can't even move the mouse cursor around (CTRL-ALT-Delete doesn't work either). I disconnect the joypad, the PC is still in a frozen state, and I have to switch it off at the plug point.

My PC is a 2004-era Time jobbie, with XP fully installed with all the service packs. It has a ****ty graphics card which will just about play Postal 2 at original Xbox quality, and not much storage capacity in terms of GB.

Any help would be appreciated fantastically, almost obscenely.

ftp://ftp.saitek.com/pub/software/p480/P480driver.zip

Can't find the P380 but I'd be surprised if this one doesn't work

Comment

Comment

^Thankyou very muchly for the links.

Downloaded the P480 drivers from Saitek's website (I've registered on that website above but haven't received any emails as of yet).

Tried booting up the PC with the joypad plugged in, and it seems to be working fine (bar great difficulty in assigning keys in MagicEngine).

It STILL freezes when I plug it in 'cold', mind, but I guess I'll have to have it plugged in pre-startup if I want to use it.

Comment

Working...
        X