No announcement yet.

Best handheld for SNES/MD emulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I use a shield. almost perfect, just needs a better D-Pad...

Comment

Which is the shield you speak of there? The tablet or controller with attached screen?

Comment

Mine is the controller with screen, not the tablet.

Comment

Yeah Nvidia Shield not Shield Tablet. Though I have one of those too, but it's not portable of a gaming solution as the regular shield...

Comment

The Shield does look great but I don't talk want to spend that much. The JXD s7800 really looks good. I'm starting to think that might be the best option for me. Any other cheaper, but quality alternatives?

Comment

Dingoo?

Comment

How is that with N64 and DC?

Comment

Scratch that. It looks like the Dingoo has died a death. It's been superseded by the Joyou A320+, but I'm not sure how good it is. I can't find N64 test footage, but it handles PS1.

However, this Kickstarter project might be even better:

Again, I've no idea how it handles N64.

I don't think either of them are as good as the other two options, but they're a lot more compact. Both had HDMI out and the GCW can have multiple pads plugged into it.

Just giving you some options!

Comment

Cheers, QualityChimp. I welcome the input.

Comment

No problem!
                      I was toying one for ages and was quite keen on getting the JXD S7800b until the missus told me I'm not getting a tablet. I thought she might be getting one for Christmas. Turns out, she just didn't want me to have a tablet...

They have loads of options on here.
                      WillGoo Offers high premium jet dry blower/ Turbo Air Duster for Car Drying, With Vacuum Cleaner, Camping.

JXD, GPD, iPega, Yinlips, DROID and Dingoo. I've not played any of them and

I've never used this company, so can't vouch for them, sorry!

I quite like the look of the JXD S5100, having just had a mooch.

You could also have a look at Banggood.
                      Find popular game tablet and buy best selling game tablet from banggood. It endeavors to provide the products that you want, offering the best bang for your buck. Whatever game tablet styles you want, can be easily bought here.

They have a selection too, including Matrimax iPlay With NVIDIA Tegra 4 Quad Core CPU, 1.8GHz, 7 inch IPS 1920?1200 resolution Screen, 2.4G+5G wifi and Bluetooth 4.0.

I've not used these people either, but a lot of people buy quadcopters from them.

Am I now making things worse?!
                      Last edited by QualityChimp; 27-05-2015, 19:38.

Comment

Here's that iPlay running The Last of Us on Steam and connected to a telly:

Here it is running Ocarina of Time and Mario64 with HD texture packs:

Comment

The GPD Q9 sounds beefy too.

Comment

I picked up the Shield off eBay for USD170.00 shipped to Singapore which is a pretty good deal.

N64 and DC emulation are not hindered by specifications of any machine but the state of the emulators themselves...which are relatively poor compared to 16/8bit systems.

Mario 64 always looks and runs great but everything else is quite poor in my opinion. For SNES and MD most of the systems stated will do a good job.

Comment

Too many choices..

I've been looking on the sly for one for myself for sometime now. The JXD was the hot favourite, but the iPlay now has me interested. The analogue sticks look like they're in an odd position - could be hard going on the thumbs.

Ideally I'd want a functional android experience, good emulation of up to PSP and HDMI out, with the ability to attach bluetooth controllers.

Comment

Working...
                              X