Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moving data from 1 360 to another with mem card - what info do I NEED to transfer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving data from 1 360 to another with mem card - what info do I NEED to transfer?

I bought a MW2 console & needed to transfer everything from my old 360's 120Gb HD to my MW2 360 250Gb HD.

I need to transfer it now rather than later so opted for using a memory card rather than waiting wks for a transfer disc from MS. The largest card I could find is 256mb.

I have loads of game saves, demo's, Map Packs, Themes etc on my 120Gb HD, but what do I NEED to transfer over & what can I reclaim from Xbox Live when I sign in on my new console?

Thanks all!!
    Last edited by EDDIE M0NS00N; 04-01-2010, 12:27.

- Copy your Profile. Thats number 1. I leave mine on my memory card so I can easily take my tag with me if I go round a friends.
    - Game saves.
    Everything else can be redownloaded off live.
    Its a millions times easier with the transfer cable though.

Comment

Theres not gonna be any problem with it being locked or owt is there? Someone also mentioned I'd have to retrieve my Gamertag & other details from xbox.com & pop in the serial numbers of the old console & the new console to confirm.

Also do I assume I can transfer arcade games but I can transfer their saves & will need to download the games again, but if I delete tha game from my orginial HD will I have to pay or will it be recognised as already downloaded once b4 due to the save & then its free to download again?

Is this true?
      Last edited by EDDIE M0NS00N; 04-01-2010, 12:52.

Comment

If you delete the games off the HD, generally the saves tend to stay and are not deleted.

As my brother recently got his own Elite, we're in a similar situation coming up. Awaiting memory card in the mail. The plan was to have his profile and saves on the card as he may still play games on my Elite that he hasn't bought or got the DLC for (all DLC was purchased under my gamertag).
        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

There are a few saves that can't be copied to mem card such as Rock Band I believe.
          To re-download content I find it easier to log into your account on live.xbox.com and look at your download history where you can select to re-download. You can queue 30 items max.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Verceti View Post
            Theres not gonna be any problem with it being locked or owt is there?
            No it will work straight away without any issues.

Someone also mentioned I'd have to retrieve my Gamertag & other details from xbox.com & pop in the serial numbers of the old console & the new console to confirm.
            You do have to enter the serials on the order page for the transfer cable if you source one Microsoft but thats the only time.

Also do I assume I can transfer arcade games but I can transfer their saves & will need to download the games again,
            Yes you can move the games fine. The only issue you may run into is when the game exceeds the size of the memory card.
            Most games allow you to move the save file but be aware there are a few bothersome games that won't let you. But the trabsfer cable can.

if I delete tha game from my orginial HD will I have to pay or will it be recognised as already downloaded once b4 due to the save & then its free to download again?
            Basically the rule of thumb is - If your've paid for it on Live then you can redownload that purchased item as many times as you wish regardless if you still have the save file or not.

Like smouty says, If you are re-downloading content it is far easier to log into your account on live.xbox.com and look at your download history than lookin on it through your console.

Comment

Also don't forget to transfer your content licence or you won't be able to play some stuff offline.

Comment

Working...
              X