Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASUS A7N8X Deluxe motherboard not reliable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASUS A7N8X Deluxe motherboard not reliable?

I got 2 PC that got the ASUS A7N8X Deluxe motherboard installed, but seems to have a lot of problem, crash when loading games or play video or sometimes just auto restart the computer.

I took it to the shop and they said my ASUS motherboard is very unstable, so is there anyone out there got the same motherboard with same problems or just me ?

Also could any of you recommend any motherboard for replacement(MSI any good)?

Thanks

Ray

The best alternative is the Abit N7F or something like that.

However, I think your shop is talking bollocks as I use an A7N8X and I've had no problems. I would suggest looking elsewhere for the issue;

graphics drivers
    sound card / drivers (most likely) - is it an SBLive by any chance?
    cheap RAM
    overclocking?

Chods

Comment

Argh, is the SBLive! notoriously unstable?

Comment

I agree with Choddo, Th asus board is not as good as the Abit but its still a reliable board - unless of course its faulty.

Did they diag the board or was it just a random comment to get you out of the shop ??

As Choddo says try updating drivers and see how it goes !

Lastly Nforce 2 boards are picky with memory, download memtest86 and run that, it will tell you if you have any memory problems.

Good luck !

Comment

why not update the bios on the board to the latest one to see if it makes a difference if not then return them for exchange

Comment

Originally posted by nips
            Argh, is the SBLive! notoriously unstable?
            Well, I think so. I'm going to run some tests tonight after getting rid of mine.... but see this thread for some other comments

Comment

To be honest I am not sure what part is doggy. I tested my graphic card and it's nothing to do with it. I left my computer in the shop for a few days and they found that nothing wrong with it, but just the motherboard is unstable.

They got another computer from some PC magazine with the same board and with the same problem, so I guss is the motherboard tho.

I also looked at preview at tomshardware.com before purchased the board and it didn't mention anything like unstable.

So now I am pissed

Thanks guys for your advice.

Regards

Ray

Comment

I have the same mobo - and have had no problems so far.

Bloody pc's eh

Comment

Hmm, this "testing" they did in the shop.. Did they swap out every component from the machine and test the same board with a complete new set?
                  Did they test it with just a graphics card, hard drive, some Corsair RAM and a CPU? If it still crashed at that point, I'd be looking at the motherboard, but if they didn't try to isolate the problem I think they're guessing.

C

Comment

I am not sure if the shop tested everything seperate, as I expected they work like pro. Anyway I tested the PC again myself, I think there could be something to do with the RAM, so might as well buy anyother RAM and try again.

Comment

Working...
                    X