Drum Mania & Guitar Freak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drum Mania & Guitar Freak

Has anybody ever used any 3rd party controllers for the above? Are they any good?

Which is the best version of the game to go with them?

I think Phillai has/had both of those games.

Comment

Third party Guitar Freaks controllers are pretty dire to be honest...

I had a couple of official ones at one point but both have now departed

They are very hard to come by these days but a small tip

Check the PS section on www.toysnjoys.com

Comment

Originally posted by eASY aDDICT
        Check the PS section on www.toysnjoys.com
        Wow!

Someone else knows about ToysnJoys!!

Based in Hawaii IIRC. Used them ages ago for a couple of rare items. Tooks ages to get them but came good in the end.

Comment

I used toysnjoys years ago for a couple of ngpc and Dreamcast games too.

The sale prices were pretty good.

Comment

Yeah I'd also highly recommend TnJ. Got my Dreamcast Twin Sticks from there as well as loads of DC/PSone games.

Comment

Well I've got the 3rd party guitar and drums on the way from lik-sang at the mo. I'll let you know what they're like when they arrive.

Hopefully they won't be too crap.

Comment

Guitar Freaks 3rd Mix DrumMania 2rd Mix is the best one in my opinion...

If you can afford it though, get the drum kit.

Banging on the drums is far more satisfying than strumming the guitar!

Comment

Well they arrived this morning and after some initial play...

The guitar - Feels very very cheap, it works fine though and didn't cost much. I can't see it withstanding a drunken night of fun though. the one on Toys and joys has 5 buttons on the neck (not sure what for) but this only has three.

The drums - are a bit cheap looking too, but sturdy enough and work fine. It feels like it'll survive some battering. It's got a proper footpedally thing too, I think the official one comes with a foam footpad or something. Cost me a bloody fortune though as I got stung for ?20 customs charges which is a bit rich when it only cost ?24 to buy, add to that the ?36 shipping and you'll probably agree that I'ma nob for buying it in the first place.

I can post some pics if you want.

Looking forward to having a session with my mates though.

Comment

pics! pics!

I've seen the konami guitar freaks controller, but I haven't seen much of the drum mania stuff

Comment

ok, I'll post some pics when I get my camera back of my mate. they aren't the official controllers though. The drums are made by Topway and the guitar controller is made by cougar or something like that. They're the ones available at liksang.

Comment

Working...
                      X