Tray keeps ejecting after installing new laser in pal ps2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tray keeps ejecting after installing new laser in pal ps2

I've installed a new laser on my mates ps2(original not reading psone and ps2 cd's) and it seems to keep ejecting the tray, i followed the guide on this forums and the ps2 seems to be fine apart from this.

Does the laser have to be in a certain place when you install it back into the ps2?

Any suggestions???

Mine was quite near the spindle, but what's happening exactly?

Is this when you first power on with the tray door shut and no game in, or when you put a game in is it spitting it back out?

I seem to remember having a similar problem with my Jap PS2, but I can't remember what I did to make it better.

Maybe try powering up the PS2 with the lid off and the drive lid off, and see to make sure the spindle unit is dropping down to allow the tray to move freely. It may just be that the spindle is fouling the tray and then the unit thinks that there's a jam and ejects. In which case you'd have to power off and move the tray to the correct position relative to the spindle, then try powering back on. Don't take my word on this though, I don't have a lot of experience with PS2 faults, but I did something similar with mine (and then it never worked again - natch)

Comment

spoke to the person who owns the ps2 and it was doing this before i even had the machine off them

so might just give it them back!

Comment

Is this machine chipped at all?

Comment

Originally posted by nigel1210
          spoke to the person who owns the ps2 and it was doing this before i even had the machine off them

stuck in eject button? get a continuity tester on there.

Comment

Originally posted by Papercut
            Originally posted by nigel1210

stuck in eject button? get a continuity tester on there.
            it does it intermittently usually when the machine has been switched off.

aslo the machine isn't chipped.

i've compared the drive to my usa ps2 and the action on the pal machine doesn't seem as smooth as my machine. could it be that the drive mechanism is failing?

Comment

I guess so... the PS2 could think the tray is stuck and try to re-eject it to fix the problem. over and over again. Not seen it happen though.

Comment

Working...
              X