Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS3 HDD space

I'm having a slightly annoying issue.
    I have 3354MB of free space available on the internal HDD but when I try to download a demo of 1500MB it says I don't have enough space. I'm not good at maths but by my guess, I have enough space to download that file!

How can I manage my HDD? I see no option to edit, delete and uninstall games.

If you highlight a game and press triangle you should see a menu appear that will allow you to delete games or game data.

Comment

Why does it say I don't have enough space when it clearly says I do in the system information section?..

Comment

Is it the Ratchet and Clank demo? If so I heard there is a bug with the demo. Have you tried downloading a different demo?

Comment

It's not that demo. I've tried a few demos.

Comment

Do you have PlayStation Home installed?
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

You need twice the size of the demo to install it.

Comment

I was having the same trouble today..

Looking to get a bigger HD,how easy is it to transfer data from my existing HD to a new one and do i need a tranfer cable??

Comment

You'll need to backup your current HDD and restore to the new one. Takes a while (Depending on how much data you have obviously) but was a painless process when I did it a while back.

You will need an external USB HDD though with enough space to store the backup, and it must be FAT32 formatted for the PS3 to pick it up.

Comment

Ok..makes sense, one question what's FAT32

Comment

When you format a drive you're asked what filesystem you want to use. By default, Windows will format drives over (I think) 20GB is its own filesystem, NTFS, which the PS3 can't read.

So if you have an external drive that you're planning to use that has stuff on it and is NTFS formatted, you'll have to trash the lot. There are bits of software out there that let you change this on the fly I think.

Comment

cheers Number45..

Comment

Thanks everyone I found my answer too.

Comment

Working...
                          X