Is this tv any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this tv any good?

'Er indoors wants a new tv. I know not of techy issues.

It's just for watching tv, and some dvds. Not for gaming, or blu-ray. I don't really care about mega-setups. I watch a load of dvdr discs too, I don't know if that matters. Also, I watch a load of discs from other regions, such as the US. I have a sky HD box.

37 inch a decent size for the space in the room.

Anyway, this is the tv. Can anyone tell me if I'd be making a huge bish, bearing in mind what I'd put above?

I've not reviewed or investigated one of those myself, but it's not a known clunker, if that's what you're asking. If you can stretch to this though, do:

Comment

That's a nice tv. Though I reckon I'll get a lecture about money for even mentioning it.

As long as the LG one doesn't affect my needs it'll be go go go there.

Comment

I bought the newer model recently. Same price at asda plus there might be a discount code still floating about.

Apparently they've changed the panels on these recently so not great for gaming. Otherwise it's a very good budget branded tv.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
          It's just for watching tv, and some dvds. Not for gaming, or blu-ray. I don't really care about mega-setups. I watch a load of dvdr discs too, I don't know if that matters. Also, I watch a load of discs from other regions, such as the US. I have a sky HD box.
          The only thing you have there which is high definition is the HD channels on your Sky HD box. The rest of the stuff will look a tiny bit worse on an HD set than on standard definition because it's not running at the TV's native resolution and from upscaling.

If you're happy to spend that much, it would be a good future-proofed investment, but if you'd prefer to save money, consider an SD LCD.

Comment

On your Amazon link - in the 'others bought' section it shows a full HD Toshiba which receives pretty good reviews and has a decent scaler for SD. Only £2 more too for FullHD.

Comment

Originally posted by monomaniacpat
              If you're happy to spend that much, it would be a good future-proofed investment, but if you'd prefer to save money, consider an SD LCD.
              Who even still makes these in sizes above 15 inch?

EDIT: And also you'd have to be crackers to pay the £10 monthly stipend for HD channels and then not even have an HDTV.

Comment

Originally posted by smouty View Post
                On your Amazon link - in the 'others bought' section it shows a full HD Toshiba which receives pretty good reviews and has a decent scaler for SD. Only ?2 more too for FullHD.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Toshiba-37RV...ref=pd_cp_ce_1
                I have the 32" version and was about to recomend this one myself.

Comment

I have the 37" regza in the link above, awesome lcd, brilliant picture and blows my old samsung lcd into touch.

Comment

Working...
                  X