Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Original' AC Adapter for laptop

Well,

After buying an 'original' AC adapter on ebay for my HP NC6400 Laptop, the seller assures me 3 times it wasn't a fake, I paid £23 for it when I could have paid £7 posted for a openly generic non official replacement. I guess I was a bit naive thinking I could get something original from ebay, so the 'original' adapter arrives and its pretty much identical to the original one from the pics (I have a replacement one right now I've ran for a year but the cable is snapped and its annoying me).

Heres a fake one for a toshiba, mine has the exact same spelling mistake error - SAEETY instead of SAFETY. I don't think HP would make such a mistake to be honest.

So basically what I'm asking is, should I just get a cheap replacement one after I get a refund if this ones been fine for a year, I know they are capable of damaging your laptop or causing a fire if they are *really* badly made hence my obvious hesitation.

The thing is, try finding an original HP part thats not £100 from HP themselves, I don't trust any of the sites online selling 'genuine' ones any more. Some of them state genuine and then you look at the pic and its actually stating 'replacement AC adapter' on the bottom.

So, does anyone know where I could actually buy an original OEM ac adaptor from a trustworthy seller or laptop spares site that isn't going to sell me a cheap chinese fake?

I know they are all probably made in china anyway, but really, I wouldn't be so annoyed if the ebay seller didn't lie to me telling me it was original.

Then when I leave him a negative feedback he asks me to remove it saying its hard to start a new business and that negative isn't helping, well yeah welcome to how ebay works for chrissake.
    Last edited by kernow; 19-04-2010, 00:58.

I think when I get the refund I'll just buy a cheap £10 one instead that just works, but it annoys me because I wanted and paid for an original, I guess thats me being dumb thinking I'd actually get an original part though.

Comment

So alone

Comment

Hey! Don't be a chump! Official-Smicial buy the knock off one, if it only last a year at 7 quid a pop you got 3 years for the price of your "official" one.

lool

Comment

They want me to send it back to China. I bought it from the UK. oh my god I hate ebay.

Comment

AC Power supplies for laptops are horrible rip offs. Transformer, a diode, maybe a capacitor. All the complex charging circuits is usually in the laptop (or battery)

Comment

Ok! I'll go for a cheapie next time then I guess, cheers. Just annoys me he told me it was original and now expects me to send it back to china for a refund, he also said if I remove his negative feedback I can keep it and he'll still refund me, wtf.

sigh

Comment

Duracell Battery, Charger, Power Adapter or Rechargeable Batteries for your Laptop, Digital Camera, Notebook, Camcorder, PDA, SmartPhone, MP3/Video Player

I've bought quite a few items from them. Next best thing after original.

Comment

Thanks.

He actually gave me a full refund and let me keep the adapter because I stated I wasn't sending it back to China, so win. I guess.

Still haven't tried it yet mind.

Comment

Working...
                  X