Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Dreamcast game not working on my chipped US Dreamcast!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US Dreamcast game not working on my chipped US Dreamcast!

Hi guys, can anyone help me?

I recently got a mint original US copy of Giga Wing and it doesn't work on my chipped US Dreamcast.

I know there's nothing wrong with the Dreamcast as it plays all over games fine.
    I've a feeling it's something to do with the scart lead as I realised that when I loaded this game up without the scart lead then plugged it in again after 30 seconds, the game runs as I can hear the videogame sounds from Giga Wing but there's no picture.

Do I need another compatible scart cable so I can play this game?

To add insult to injury (as a PAL hater), I own a UK PAL copy of Giga Wing and this game works fine!

P.S. I'm not sure which RGB (2) scart leads I own for the Dreamcast but it's the scart leads that works fine with Super Street Fighter II X and Vampire Chronicles... i.e not give me a square pixel image so I can't play the game!

Thanks to all replies in adacance!

US Gigawing isn't RGB compatable mate.

Comment

What about Jap Giga Wing?
      Is that RGB compatible?
      And what about the US or Jap version of Gigawing 2?
      Are these RGB compatible?

I need the right ones!

Also is there a compatible scart cables that will let me play these games in colour?

Comment

Originally posted by phillai
        What about Jap Giga Wing?
        Is that RGB compatible?
        And what about the US or Jap version of Gigawing 2?
        Are these RGB compatible?

I need the right ones!

Also is there a compatible scart cables that will let me play these games in colour?
        Japan Giga Wing won't work either, although both versions of Giga Wing 2 are fine (I've got both so can confirm you'll have no RGB problems).

If you got a SCART cable that would work with the game, I am certain it would only be a composite pciture that you would be getting (i.e. crap). I use S-Video for the non-RGB games, which can, for most TVs, be plugged into a Scart adaptor and fed through the SCART socket.

I'm intrigued by you saying you've got a cable that works with SSF2X and Vampire Chronicle. Either that not an RGB cable (in which case it should work with Giga Wing as well) or your using patched ISOs of the games (both SSF2X and VC can be patched to add in RGB support).

Comment

JP Gigawing isn't RGB either.

I only have the Japanese version of Gigawing 2 and that is RGB compatible so id expect the US version is too.

The only way youll play non RGB games through scart is with a cable wired up for either composite or S-video, There is no way you can force a RGB signal from them.

Comment

Why not just play your PAL version through RGB, it IS compatible

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Feather
              He's a "PAL hater" (although that can be interpreted in so many different ways )

Comment

Thanks for the very prompt replies guys!

I guess I won't be investing in a Jap Giga Wing and keep my ?3 UK PAL version of Giga Wing! :P

Comment

Originally posted by C'
                  He's a "PAL hater" (although that can be interpreted in so many different ways )
                  But the pal version has a 60hz mode!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason
                    Originally posted by C'
                    But the pal version has a 60hz mode!
                    For once, PAL is better than NTSC...

Not usually the case though 90% of the time!

Comment

Working...
                    X