The PSP Go, 7 months on...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pharfetchd View Post
    Well it looks like PSP Go users will be able to get a bit more use out of it now as it's been hacked, you can now use emulators and other homebrew stuff. Not sure if I can link to it but if you do a search for Half Byte Loader Revision 83 you should find enough info.
    Tried this last night but it seems kinda unstable, crashed/froze my psp twice.
    Had to leave the psp on until the battery died both times

SNES emulation also seemed to not be that great, seems to suffer from alot of slowdown.

Overall not as good as older psp model's emulation yet, but at least it's a start.

Comment

YESSSS!!! Sold it off!! There ya go, piece of *****!

First time I'm ever so happy with selling a machine at a loss. Heck, I even tell: 150 euro's. Which is about 50-70 loss, but in my possession since September last year.

I feel kind of liberated now (yeah, cock those shotguns). You know, gonna buy a PSP 3000 probably with Peace Walker included for less than that amount... being able to play Lumines again etc, and Birth by Sleep soon... and my few downloads can easily be redowned on stick I take it?

It was hard enough to sell this, they are being offered a lot and some even for sub 140. I'm not the only hating on it, probably. But mine wasn't used all that much, perfect condition.. as if its been bought yesterday. Sony decides what you can buy, what you can play and Sony decides what its going to cost and when its going to drop in price. Other regions are even locked out in a sneaky fashion. Buying this was my biggest gaming mistake ever.

But yeah, the Go DID fit into the pocket of my jeans...
      Last edited by saturn-gamer; 07-06-2010, 18:35.

Comment

I still like mine.

Just saying. Like, Sony are dirty feckers, no doubt. But I still like my Go.

Comment

I like my Go, not as much as my 3000, but it fits in my pocket and it plays all 3 Biohazard games, R-Type Delta and Ray Tracers amongst others.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Where did you sell yours Saturn? I've got mine up for trade here as wasn't sure how much to ask for it with a few accessories.

Comment

Originally posted by FullSpecWarrior View Post
              Where did you sell yours Saturn? I've got mine up for trade here as wasn't sure how much to ask for it with a few accessories.
              Dutch auction site. Had to 'cool story bro' some mails from Nigerian frauds though (they typical place bids that exceed my set price).

But its hard to sell, hardly anyone seems to want it. Lots of them on sale, and mostly 40% cheaper than a new one.
              Last edited by saturn-gamer; 08-06-2010, 13:10.

Comment

Cheers. I'm prepared to take a pretty big hit on what I paid new, just wondering how big. So, 40% off the £225 RRP is reasonable?

Comment

I don't know about the demand in the United Kingdom, but over here it seems that a used and boxed Go sans games isn't really changing hands for more than 150 euros, while I believe the RRP is about 230-250 euros.

EDIT: So I got myself a good deal, a PSP 3000 Dissidia pack (and bought a 4gb Sony card with it). Same color as my Go, Pearl White.

Have to say the 3000 absolutely blows the Go out of the water. Feels way better, holding an old PSP. Screen also seems to be better, its as if Go had been crammed and thus more blurry. Much better controls too... I think i'm better off playing MGS on this one.

The much more expensive Go feels like a downgrade in everything but memory.
                  Last edited by saturn-gamer; 11-06-2010, 16:21.

Comment

Working...
                  X