Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dreamcast Modding

Apologies if this has already been asked before etc etc

What is the best method of playing Import games on a DC as i have just bought one from Jezzace.

I know about DCX, but does the Utopia boot disc do the same thing ?

If this has already been asked can somebody provide qa link to the post so that i can read up on it before I decide which method to go for

Cheers

The Utopia disc does basically the same thing as DC-X, but with one major difference; Utopia won't change the refresh rate from your machine's default. So if you've got a PAL machine and don't use DC-X to boot your NTSC title, it'll play back at 50Hz and 17% slower.

Of course, some would argue thats a good thing when Ikaruga is as difficult as it is...

Another thing of note is that the exception here is with VGA. If you're running your machine on a VGA box then all games are 60Hz anyway, so no problem.

Comment

Utopia doesn't boot with the VGA cable, unless it has been updated since I last tried it. It'll work if you unplug it, boot and then plug it back in...

-edit- DC-X also has some cable select thing if your game is proving problematic. Just get DC-X, it's good.

Comment

Utopia runs many games full screen and full speed.
        See Dance Dance Revolution 2nd Mix as but one example.

Comment

I got DC-IE ('import enabler') from liksang for about 8 quid. It's great!

Comment

Working...
          X