Sony PSX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony PSX

Not the PlayStation, the Japan only PS2 DVR job.

Has anyone got one and if so what's the verdict. I've wanted one of these and a TEST for years (at least 6) and I've got the latter now, so I'm after one of these.

Also, what would be a decent price these days?

Not worth it at all IMO. They still run about £300. They weigh almost 6KG so you're looking at about £150 for EMS shipping. Highly doubt sommat that big could escape Customs too.

You can't use any of the DVR features over here, as the TV tuner is NTSC only. It's pretty much limited to the PS2 function, music and photo's. It isn't compatible with lots of PS2 accessories either. The DESR Dual Shock 2 controllers are very hard to find. Best connection possible is Component. RGB is not supported.
    Last edited by J0e Musashi; 22-05-2010, 21:28.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Youch. I can get a PS2 TOOL for that - or near enough.

I guess I'll wait it out then.

Comment

I tend to agree that this unit is a mistake purchase and is quite limited despite a wide feature range, compared to standard PS2 models.

Comment

Lovely looking bit of kit, but as J0e and baseley have already said, limited. I owned one and lost a fortune when I sold it on. If you can get one cheap go for it, but if you think you'd sell it on, or want great picture quality, avoid.

Comment

I think it's more for kicks / collection point of view. I already have five PS2 here that all work perfectly for gaming, so why not.

I'll definitely look for a cheaper one then, £300 isn't a figure I can easily part with for something I'm not gonna be using so much.

Comment

Working...
            X