Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PS3 drive problem - how to get disc out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS3 drive problem - how to get disc out?

I turned my PS3 on today and went to eject the disc so I could pop on God Of War 3 and the motor made a bit of noise and then... no disc. Pressing it again gave me that beep it does when there's no disc in there. A few tries later, it seemed to engage the disc again but trying to eject it just leads to the same thing.

One time, a tiny sliver of the disc came out but shot back in before I could grab it.

So it looks like something's broken in the motor. The disc plays absolutely fine so it's only the eject mechanism. Wouldn't mind if it was God Of War 3 in there but, no. It's the extras disc that came with the Day Of The Dead blu-ray. Not much watching there.

Aside from having to get my PS3 fixed (how do I even do that?), I'd really just like to get this disc out. It's a fat PS3 and I can't even see any screws or anything to get in there. I imagine going at it with a knife will only destroy the disc or PS3 completely.

Any ideas on how to get this disc out?

Edit: Well it eventually spat the disc out itself. After a long grinding noise, out it came. Looks like it made mincemeat of the disc in the process. It's scratched to bits.
    Last edited by Dogg Thang; 27-05-2010, 16:15.

Mate i dont want to put the willies up you, but this sounds like its near YLOD , every time ive heard of discs getting stuck and grinding noises the PS3 has YLOD'd including mine and a few mates. and all where Phat release PS3's, could be wrong i hope so, but others might know too.
    p.s i was always told never to leave the disc in Phat PS3 too, by a dev friend of mine.
    Last edited by MisterBubbles; 27-05-2010, 22:11.

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up. It is a bit worrying - definitely a sign that there's a problem going on.

Comment

Working...
      X