DVD-RW question (Is it b0rked?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD-RW question (Is it b0rked?)

Well basically my DVD-RW isnt reading any discs, when I put them in it doesnt recognise them. What should I do? Do those lens cleaner things actually work?

Bump-age, anyone have any ideas?

Comment

You're not giving us much details mate... how about make/model and an indication of what you were doing with it before it got b0rked.

Comment

An A06, if I recall correctly?

If it's not reading discs, I suspect it's buggered. There's no Windows setting that I know of that can affect this.

Send it back, if memory serves you haven't had it long.

Comment

Sorry, its an AO5 which yeah Ive had for about 3 months, its covered and I could send it back but was just wondering if there might be a reason and if I could fix it.
          It stopped working for no apparent reason really, one day it was working next it wasnt...

Comment

CD/DVD drive + Windows = instantly working.

No need for drivers, settings and so forth.

If it ain't sommit is wrong with it. Assuming you haven't booted the PC around the room and caused cables to come loose, you could try removing all cables, booting, powering off and plugging it back in, see if that does owt good.

I sincerely doubt it.

Comment

That's why i always stick with Sony
              8)

Comment

Originally posted by jide
                That's why i always stick with Sony
                8)
                From my experiance Sony PC kit is nothing to write home about.

Comment

Agreed. I bet there's more % paid for the Sony name than Intel kit.

Comment

I had an 106 but it only lasted a week, but my a03 is over two years old and its still going strong

Comment

My A03 stopped reading Pressed cd's.

Took it apart and cleaned lens and its as happy as Larry now.

However mine was out of warranty so i had nothing to lose !

Comment

Originally posted by Shimmyhill
                        My A03 stopped reading Pressed cd's.

Took it apart and cleaned lens and its as happy as Larry now.

However mine was out of warranty so i had nothing to lose !
                        What do you use to clean the lense? I might as well give this ago before returning it (Claiming I didnt touch it - provided it doesnt fall apart), as if I do itll be a tedious and lengthy process and I cba.

Comment

You can use a cleaning solvent on a cotton bud tip or use a specially designed cd lens cleaner, it looks a bit like a cd with bristles on.

Comment

From my experiance Sony PC kit is nothing to write home about.
                            From experience, Pioneer stuff has never dicked me over, although Sony most definitely has.

But yes, it sounds like the drive is screwed.

Comment

Working...
                            X