DSi Loose Wobbly Stylus, is it common?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DSi Loose Wobbly Stylus, is it common?

My wife has had a DSi since UK launch, but I only got around to tinkering around with it yesterday.

The original stylus is rubbish, it doesn't stay in the console, you can just tip the console and the stylus will very nearly come out - I'm used to these things staying put until you pull it out.

Is this normal? Luckily I kept the bundled accessories pack that came with it, and the unofficial stylus fits normally and doesn't feel loose at all.

ta
    Pete

Mine's the same. I mean, it'll never come fully out, but it is loose.

Comment

Mine is fine. I have a soon after release JP model.

Comment

oooooooooooh

it hurts my head, it's only a little erk, but by golly it's annoying!!!

Comment

Mine is also fine, got a UK launch machine

Comment

If I shake or tip my DSi the stylus comes out maybe 5 mm but won't fall out completely. Mine is a White UK launch machine.

Comment

Stick a flat blade screwdriver in the stylus head slot where the part that protrudes when stowed is and gently twist to splay it out a bit. It will then stay in.

Comment

I lost my original DSi stylus because it was so loose. it fell out somewhere when I was talking it out of my pocket.

Comment

Smouty, i was looking at that and did try it with my finger nails before I posted (too lazy to find a screwdriver at the time), it seems like the stylus is too skinny or the nipple bit isn't big enough. anyway, the original stylus are now tucked away in the original box in the loft, and third party stylus is now in it's place.

Next time I'm up in the loft I'll give it a go, although I've calmed down a bit now

Comment

Do you know if its the stylus slot or the actual stylus thats the problem? If its the stylus you can buy packs of three official Nintendo DSi stylus from amazon UK here:-

Prices seem to vary between £3.10-£4.28 depending on the colour you need

If you decide to buy a pack make sure its sold by 'amazon.co.uk' and not a marketplace seller, as usually they only sell third-party stylus.
                    Last edited by Link83; 11-06-2010, 14:10.

Comment

i reckon it's the stylus, but the third party ones i have are good quality so i'll leave it with that in there. she never uses the actual stylus anyway, i bought her one of the hand made wooden ones with WIFE painted on the end now the slotted in one doesn't flap about it's all good

Comment

Working...
                      X