"To play this disc put it in an xbox 360 console" - advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"To play this disc put it in an xbox 360 console" - advice needed

Just bought a brand new 360 console and the first game I stick in to play is Ridge Racer 6. Instead of booting up the game though, I get a white screen saying "To play this disc put it in an Xbox 360 console". I ejected and tried again and now it seems to work ok. I've also tried a few other games and they seem fine.

I had my previous 360 for over 3 years and never saw this message before, yet the fact I've seen it on a brand new machine makes me nervous - is this a sign that I've got a bum DVD-Drive or is it just a fluke?

There are zero scratches/marks on the disc btw, so it was definitely something to do with the drive.

I have occasionally (once or twice) seen that message from a valid 360 disc ... in those instances, an eject and reload has fixed it. If it's happening constantly, then I dunno.

The animation is basically a bit of DVD data that will display if you put the disc in a DVD player, so the 360 seems to think that the disc is a DVD rather than a game.

Try another game or two. If you get the same thing, it's a console problem. If not, it's a problem with the RR6 disc.

Comment

Cheers for the info peeveen.

Think I'm going to try for a replacement/refund with it being a brand new unit. I can't see it being the disc as I've used it for years without a problem and there isn't a mark on it.

Comment

I've had this a few times on a new US 360 Elite.

Comment

Working...
        X