Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need quick answer - Does SS Vampire Hunter...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need quick answer - Does SS Vampire Hunter...........

.....run without the 4m cart as well? I know a couple do but I can't remember if VH was one, or do you just get that screen?
    Thanks

Vampire Savoiur needs the Ram Cart

but i believe Vampire HUNTER does not.

someone may correct me on this tho

Comment

Didn't Vampire Hunter come out before any RAM Cartridges, and therefore, not only runs without using one, also I'd guess doesn't benefit from one either.

Comment

Originally posted by C'
        Didn't Vampire Hunter come out before any RAM Cartridges, and therefore, not only runs without using one, also I'd guess doesn't benefit from one either.
        That's correct AFAIK. Wasnt the 1st Capcom game that could use the ram cart MSH?

Comment

Originally posted by Geezer
          Originally posted by C'
          That's correct AFAIK. Wasnt the 1st Capcom game that could use the ram cart MSH?
          I believe so.

Comment

MSH doesnt need a ram either from what i can see (as i havbe 2 copies lol
            )

i thought the first was either X-men vs Street Fighter or the KOF series.... 95 came with a 1mb cart then 96 with the 4mb

Comment

Originally posted by MarkyB
              MSH doesnt need a ram either from what i can see (as i havbe 2 copies lol
              )

i thought the first was either X-men vs Street Fighter or the KOF series.... 95 came with a 1mb cart then 96 with the 4mb
              Doesn't need the cartridge to run, but will be improved with the cartridge. A 1MB card was released at the same time as MSH (not the same as the one that came with KOF95) which was quickly made redundant when the 4MB one was released.

I think XMvSF was the first game that would only work with the 4MB card.

Comment

KOF95 wa a rom cart not a ram. So was naturally made redundant when newer KOF versions came out.

Comment

As already stated Vampire Hunter doesn't require a Ram cart nor does MSH, however in the options menu you can set it to use a 1m ram cart, i sometimes think i see some extra animation(i have the jap version) but maybe i just want to see it ????
                  As for the first game to need a Ram cart to run

The following games use the 4Meg cart

-Xmen vs Street Fighter being the first i think ??
                  -Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter
                  -Vampire Savior
                  -Street Fighter Zero 3 (Street Fighter Alpha 3)
                  -Pocket Fighter
                  -Astra Superstars
                  -Dungeons & Dragons Collection (Disc 2 only)

And the following games use the 1Meg cart:

-Cyberbots
                  -Groove on Fight
                  -Waku Waku 7
                  -Marvel Super Heroes (OPTIONAL)
                  -Fighters History Dynamite
                  -King of Fighters '96
                  -King of Fighters '97
                  -Fatal Fury 3
                  -Ragnagard
                  -Metal Slug
                  -Real Bout Fatal Fury
                  -Real Bout Fatal Fury Special
                  -Cotton 2
                  -Samurai Showdown III
                  -Samuari Showdown IV

I think thats all of them but i would be interested to hear of any i have missed

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzybee
                    I think thats all of them but i would be interested to hear of any i have missed
                    You missed a few.

(all are optional...)
                    Friends - Seisyun no Kagayaki (Can use 1 Meg RAM cart)
                    Welcome to Pia Carrot!! 2 (Can use 1 or 4 Meg RAM) (18 Rated Game!)
                    Super Real Mahjong P7 (Can use 1 or 4 Meg RAM) (18 Rated Game!)
                    Noel 3 (Can use 1 or 4 Meg RAM)

Ultraman and KOF 95 (including KOF 95/96 collection) use ROM carts.

Comment

Working...
                    X