No announcement yet.

Panasonic Q - DVD region...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I havent tried an R1 dvd yet due to not having any, but im going to get ahold of one shortly.

I spoke to the guy from DVDchips and he said its a chip that someones programmed to acept pal discs, but for some reason its gone back to factory settings. Ill need to buy a chip off him which will have to be placed over this chip to reprogram it every time the machine is turned on.

Why would it be possible to fix it with the dvd thats around to make the machine pal compatable?

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Sack
      I spoke to the guy from DVDchips and he said its a chip that someones programmed to acept pal discs, but for some reason its gone back to factory settings.
      Thats basically what I said.

Ill need to buy a chip off him which will have to be placed over this chip to reprogram it every time the machine is turned on.
      sounds like something is broken, the firmware is losing its settings and regionless upgrade. Didn't know you could fix things like that, sounds expensive.

Why would it be possible to fix it with the dvd thats around to make the machine pal compatable?
      because its that DVD that programs the firmware to accept multiregion DVDs. If your Q can't remember the multi region firmware upgrade then it'll need repairing, or something like that auto program chip.

Hope this doesn't happen to my Q. Did he say that its a known problem? Is it the case that a battery dies and thats it, you need this chip programming thingie fitted?

* pinch of salt warning * I'm extrapolating based on knowledge that the multi region mod is done via a software update. I may be wrong.

Comment

Well its not lossing its settings, it just lost t once, as i nowhave english menus all the time now. Got a feeling whn i witchedit off thursday night it did something then.

He was saying as my machine probably doesnt have a chip and it was just programmed this chip will replace it. The chip comes in a DIY kit for ?10 which is very cheap i thought. Then i need to take it to someone to repair, i doubt it costs too much, he gave me a list of shops that are trusted.He didnt say it was a known problem or anything else. Im going to see if R1 dvd's play and then go from there concerning this mod.

Comment

Well its not lossing its settings, it just lost t once, as i nowhave english menus all the time now. Got a feeling whn i witchedit off thursday night it did something then.
          maybe you could just reprogram it again by hiring the disk instead?

Comment

Thats what i thought, but im not to sure if i can. If i could download it off the net i would try it, but only two places i know do it and they want ?35 to jsut borrow it.

Comment

Working...
            X