Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have the old Alcatel Speedtouch 330 XP drivers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have the old Alcatel Speedtouch 330 XP drivers?

EDIT:
    Never mind, I found the old stuff here:

But I had to specifically click to get through to the V3 stuff.

Just got a new Win XP computer since my old one died, and I'm having trouble with getting my old SpeedTouch 330 USB modem to work (for various reason, it's impossible for me to switch to a router, or any other modem).

I'm using a French OS though, so I have no idea what any of these options are in English!

My old computer connected via a broadband modem dial up option. I clicked it, it dialled in, and it all worked.

On my new computer though, I couldn't find the old drivers I used, since the old speedtouch website is dead, replaced by a Technicolour advertising website. If you google the following:
    webUpgrade_Windows_USB_R3.0.1.5.zip

You'll find it's not available to download anywhere.

So, my brother put some new drivers on here, since the Speedtouch modem has like hundreds available for it, and the bloody thing only works now when I try to connect via some "Miniport WAN PPPOE" icon connection thing... I'm not really sure, but for some reason it demands it has a local network set-up up first, meaning I have two icons on my task bar: one for the local network with an exclamation in a yellow triangle, and another for the actual internet. When I disable the local network thing, it all dies and I need to restart my computer.

I don't like this. I don't trust what it's doing. I'd much rather have my old set-up - in the options menu this was "RNIS" as opposed to "PPPOE". I have no idea what the acronyms mean. I just clicked, connected, and there was no need for a local network.

I'm assuming I need the old drivers?

Can anyone point me to a reliable place that has all the Speedtouch 330 drivers available, for free?
    Last edited by Sketcz; 18-06-2010, 09:38.
Working...
X