Strange one this...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange one this...

I have acquired 8 empty N64 game boxes (various games) with instructions and safety guideline leaflets, but sadly no game catridges and no white cardboard inlays (the bit which holds the game).

Now I can pick these game cartridges up pretty easily from the likes of Ebay but being a completist I would also like to have the white cardboard inlays to round things off nicely.

So the question is either
    1. Does anyone know where these cardboard inlays can be obtained easily, or
    2. What are the chances of making these yourself, I see it as a minor project for me. If anyone knows what would be the best way of doing this (dimensions, origami style folding techniques etc) I would be extremely grateful.

If you think this is just plain strange then please ignore.

Thanks for your time.

Yes, it is plain strange...however, I don't suppose one of the boxes was Pilot Wings 64 US by any chance, I've only got the cart (hint hint )

Comment

Sadly not, only the PAL version. There were all PAL.

Comment

Originally posted by Reef
        2. What are the chances of making these yourself, I see it as a minor project for me. If anyone knows what would be the best way of doing this (dimensions, origami style folding techniques etc) I would be extremely grateful.
        Reef, I admire your level of geek consequence.

You could use the cardboard guts of one N64 box you have, unfold it, scan the whole thing, print it on cardboard and cut and fold as required.

Or trace the whole thing on paper by letting your pen follow the edges of the original inlay.

If you don't own an original N64 cardboard cartridge holder, borrow or steal. I would send you a blueprint by e-mail right away, but unfortunately I don't own a scanner.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
        X