Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very close to getting Broadband! Stop my parents!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very close to getting Broadband! Stop my parents!!

Stop my parens that is from getting AOL braodband! The fools!

I'm tryingto convince them to get NTL BB.

With NTL 600k, it is faster than AOL isn't t? Cheaper too?

What if you have a BT phoneline? Can you still get NTL BB?

Finally, does AOL BB work with Xbox live?

Dads ordered it, and i'm trying to make him cancel.

Please help me stop him from getting AOL BB.

AOL doesn't work with Xb Live. For Xb Live your best with another ADSL provider or 1mb NTL, upload seems rather important on Xbox Live and on 1mb you get 256k upload the same as ADSL.

Comment

They won't get 1mb, simple as. But they will get 600k if I can convince them to cancel AOL.

600k works fine though doesnt it? I mean, so many people have it and xbox live.

Can you have NTL BB if you have a BT phoneline though?

ANd just say how crap AOL BB is, so I can show them what iditos they are being. They realy wont beleive me and would rather go with AOL because its more wlel known from their point of view.

Comment

Sorry to say, but I'm on AOL BB and I have absolutely NO complaints to make about the service whatsoever. It's been quick, smooth, and almost trouble free since getting it 8 months ago.

As for XBox Live... I swear someone here recently said they are starting to implement support for it now.

But yeah, best to go for a different provider if that's the main reason you want it...
        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

i, it depends on what area you you live in as to wheather or not you can have ntl broadband with out taking any other services, you best bet would be to ring ntl customer services up and ask.
          also my cousin has just had aol broadband installed and shes only paying ?19.99 a monthy for it(special offer)

Comment

Personally, I'd recommend going the ASDL route, just with any provider in the land other than AOL. BT have the most enticing initial deals, Demon and Virgin I've heard good things about, and I'm very happy with my Clara, though its not cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by 007
              They won't get 1mb, simple as. But they will get 600k if I can convince them to cancel AOL.

600k works fine though doesnt it? I mean, so many people have it and xbox live.

Can you have NTL BB if you have a BT phoneline though?

ANd just say how crap AOL BB is, so I can show them what iditos they are being. They realy wont beleive me and would rather go with AOL because its more wlel known from their point of view.
              See my reply on rllmuk.

And don't get hung up on 600kb. If you've got a BT phoneline get ADSL

Comment

burn the AOL user.. burn him I say he is a heathen *assemblesangrymob*

No I am kidding, but 'most' AOL users are complete and utter non teccies who are are about as polite as me at 6am in the morning after I have just stood on a sharp tack and cursed for half and hour.

Also AOL try any trick to keep you with them, my mate (who was a pretty decent chap and a teccie) tried to quit his subscription after a while and they game his like 3 month free to change his mind... didn't work

Comment

Heh. I got a whole year of free unmetered dialup by threatening to cancel my subscription every month. AOL are great like that.

Comment

Tell me about it. They bend over a barrel just to keep you.

'hello, i'd like to cancel my AOL'

'why? why would you do that? no no no dont tell me, i couldnt take it. just have 3 more months free'

'err...thanks?'

'phew, your welcome. we love you you know that...'

*click

AOL is like an overly posessive lover.

Comment

Has anyone used Bulldog before as they ar offering 1mb broadband for ?23.49 a month and I'm quite tempted by it.

Comment

Working...
                      X