PS3>PS2 BC question (Wireless sticks)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS3>PS2 BC question (Wireless sticks)

Just picked up a 60Gb PS3 so I can play some PS2 shooters. I can't seem to play any of the PS2 games with my wireless Tekken 6 sticks, is this normal? It just doesn't seem to recognise they are on at all, but they're fine on the dashboard and with PS3 games. If I buy a wired stick, will it work ok with the PS2 games? Bit mystified to this one.

VSHG's will work, as will HRAP3's. Don't know about any other sticks I'm afraid.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Ok, cheers mate, i'll maybe just pick another stick up then.

Comment

My Hrap on PS3 doesn't work using a converter.

Comment

Right, bought a wired stick and the PS3 is still pulling the same crap. Put a PS2 game in and it switches all the controllers off and tell's you to push the PS button, but it will ONLY recognise the PS3 joypads, nothing else. I'm getting a bit pissed off here as I like to play shooters with a stick, and it just isn't allowing it. I've had a look in the main options menu, and I can't see anything that might relate to this that needs changing. Has anyone else had these issues?

Comment

What stick are you using?
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Custom job, all sanwa parts blah, blah, blah. Surely it should make no difference though, and it should recognise anything? There are no issues with it on PS3 games.

Comment

Nope, needs to be officially licensed by SCEI. VSHG or HRAP 3 as said. You could use the PCB from a Dual Shock 3 to make yours work.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Stuff it. It'll be going on ebay at this rate.

Comment

What PCB is it, Cthulhu?

Comment

No idea mate, giga death made it. I'll ask him.

Comment

If so, it might need updating.

Comment

Madcatz and Sony have still to respond for official Tournament Edition pcbs regarding 60gb BC apparently:

Apparently even the SF4 fightpads have an issue with backwards compatiblity.

Comment

I'd be willing to give up my VSHG board soon as I'm planning to go MC Cthulhu and Xbox 360 Fightpad so I can use mine on PS3/PS2 and 360.

Gonna be end of this month at the earliest though.

Comment

Working...
                            X