Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheapest way to get Sky HD

Hey all,

I'm fed up with SD TV after being spoiled in the US last week with HD footy.

Looking to get Sky HD but wondered if anyone can recommend any special offers they've seen.

Cheers.

The cheapest way I've seen is self set up. Sky will send you a free Sky HD box by courier and it's obviously free to set it up yourself. ?10 a month thereafter.

If you don't want to do that Sky will give you a free Sky HD box but charge you ?60 for an engineer to come out and set it up for you.

I've no idea how easy self set up would be. Maybe someone else can help?

Comment

self set-up is only easy if you already have a Sky HD dish installed, as its simple to plug the leads into the back of the box.

I am using the self install to upgrade from Sky+ HD to Sky+ HD 1TB Box, but thats only beause its simple lead change. I wouldnt recommend it if you need the dish too.

Comment

Looking at the website they appear to be doing a free HD box and setup with Sky Ports and one of six entertainment packages for ?37 a month. That included BB and phone line rental. Seems pretty good to me.

I'm just checking with BT about when my term with them is up. I'm pretty sure it's soon.

Comment

Anyone got any more advice on this. I'm looking to get SkySports to follow the mighty Spurs in Europe this year. Ideally I'd like it in shiny HD but would consider SD if it's a lot cheaper.

I currently have Freesat via win7 and media center so the dish is up already. The problem is that I've always been against Sky's monopoly of the premier league and the news that they're are upping the price of their sports package just so BT have to pay more seems like typical sky bs.

No sooner did BT reveals plan to undercut Sky's own prices by £10 a month than Sky raised its own prices, driving up the wholesale cost to BT and potentially forcing it to provide the channels at a loss

The other options seem to be BT or Virgin but the BT price (?32) doesn't inc line rental (?11) which seems stupid and I really don't want to use their STB and have no need for any of the other rubbish on there.

It's at times like this that you wish club's did their own subscription so you don't have to deal with all the other crap.

Thanks for any help.

Comment

Working...
          X