Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who can convert a Sega arcade machine to a Jamma machine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who can convert a Sega arcade machine to a Jamma machine?

Need help.. Please help me...

You erm are aware that Sega Arcade machines that run Model 3 / Naomi boards are running Medium Res monitors that couldn't be used with JAMMA boards?

Comment

well i wasn't gonna run games like defender or Pacman.. rather the newer games that run on things like CPS3 and Neo Geo...

Comment

Heh, but you are aware that CPS2/3 and MVS are still er JAMMA and still er run at Low Res. Not that Pacman and Defender were JAMMA anyway...

What game was running in the machine?

Comment

Virtua Striker 1 is running at the moment cause for some reason, its a Model 2 board inside... It should be okay since Sega has a Jamma cable from the Model 2/3 board so it can be used on Jamma machines.

I just need someone who is good with electrics and electronics to make me a cable.

Comment

The only point your missing is the fact that the monitor is a medium resolution monitor (it's between Hi Res (VGA) 31.5Khz and Lo Res (Standard SCART TV) 15Khz). The monitor could be a dual resolution monitor (it will autoswitch or will require a jumper moved), but I know that not all Sega Model 2 arcades did have a dual frequency monitor. If not then you would have to replace the entire monitor chassis for it to run proper JAMMA boards.

Sadly I am in Finland at the moment, otherwise I would have popped in to help you out (and probably helped convert it and make those PS to JAMMA converter too.

Comment

Originally posted by MD
              The only point your missing is the fact that the monitor is a medium resolution monitor (it's between Hi Res (VGA) 31.5Khz and Lo Res (Standard SCART TV) 15Khz). The monitor could be a dual resolution monitor (it will autoswitch or will require a jumper moved), but I know that not all Sega Model 2 arcades did have a dual frequency monitor. If not then you would have to replace the entire monitor chassis for it to run proper JAMMA boards.

Sadly I am in Finland at the moment, otherwise I would have popped in to help you out (and probably helped convert it and make those PS to JAMMA converter too.
              Me & Saur checked the manual and the monitor can take Standard and Medium Resolution.

Hmm. Are you on holiday? When will you be back? Cause I really need to get this Jamma Harness done. Also those PS pad converters.

Comment

Will PM you tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                X