Chipped box X360 or Japanese Xbox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chipped box X360 or Japanese Xbox?

i searched on this and i couldnt find anything, but i am interested in playing Japanese 360 games (i have a UK 360), and i dont want to spend ?200+ on a Jap 360. i was wondering if chipping a UK 360 would be a better idea. what are the advantages and disadvantages of this approach? is there any other way? its a bit annoying that all games arent region free esp if they wont be brought out in the UK. the game makers would make more money!

There are no chips for 360s and although you can flash the DVD drive firmware to allow copies, you still can't fool it into playing games from another region (thus us not allowing the sale of flashed machines here).

Getting J machine is your only option.

Comment

IIRC if you do flash your DVD there is a possibility that you will get banned from Xbox Live.

Personally I didn't bother and went for JP arcade pack and keep my profile on a USB stick so I can swap it between my PAL and JP machines.

Comment

You can change the region if you are able to install a JTAG mod but it isn't easy and only certain consoles can be done.

JAP 360 for sale here http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/showthread.php?t=104580

Comment

Thanks for all the help, i dont really want to play copies - the original 360 games are cheap enough 2nd hand, just Japanese games, so i will look into getting one. i wish there was a boot disc like on the dreamcast!

Comment

Working...
          X