PS3 NAT changed to 3 from 2 :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS3 NAT changed to 3 from 2 :(

I've not changed any settings yet I am now on NAT 3 and I keep getting disconnected from games. I've been trying to play Blur Racerz for about 4 hours and I'm yet to get out of the lobby due to it.

I'm using an O2 Wireless Box II, which is a re-branded Thomson SpeedTouch TG585v7. From what I've read this is a notoriously bad router for gaming. I do have a NetGear DG834G, which used to work with my consoles fine. Would I be better off just swapping over to that or buying a newer router or do I need to look into getting a new provider?

Cheers.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

enable UPNP on the router, see if it opens the required ports automatically.

Comment

I've done all that. I've also opened the correct ports manually. No change. Even when I use the DMZ it stays on 3. Could it just be a temporary thing due to O2?
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Have you set a static or reserved DHCP IP for the ps3 in the router interface and then put that in the DMZ / forwarded the correct ports to that IP?

I dunno, lol, I never play online with the thing.

Comment

Static IP for the PS3, I turned off DHCP. I've done everything I can think of to get it back to 2. Strangely it's started working fine. I can chat and everything now, but it's still on 3.

Think I'll just change back to the Netgear anyway as it is much easier to navigate and I always had NAT 2 when using it.

Thanx Shane.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

ok

o//

Comment

Lol I haven't o//'d for years. Shame I don't know how to work the non-sn00t neo chat.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

tis easy man

Comment

* J0e ([email protected]) has joined #neogeo.com
                  <J0e> o//
                  * J0e has quit (Quit: J0e)

... lol you gotta stay longer than 5 seconds man

Comment

It's not as good though. I can't have my orange text and where's the controls and that?
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

...lols

Comment

Working...
                      X