I am s**t @ WE7 - haylp!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am s**t @ WE7 - haylp!!

Just got WE7 and am trying to get into it but am finding it *very* difficult.

The fact that the last time I seriously played a football game was FIFA soccer on the 3DO has a lot to do with it!

I've read the very useful translation thread so I can work the menus okay and I know wht the controls are supposed to do but how the hell do you keep shots down? All my shots, even from close range, go about 40 foot over the bar or 20 foot wide - it's like having a team full of Emile Heskeys

Free kicks how the hell do you get them somewhere near the goal?

I've sussed tackling and passing and can move the ball around nicely but the only way I've managed to score is through headers from crossed balls or corners.

I'm getting hacked off with it now as my mate who plays PS2 FIFA a lot but has never played WE before came round and handed my ass to me on a plate quite easily............ ft:

Last night, i went back to we6:fe and prefer it, the game just runs that bit quicker. Also you don't slow down so much when you turn when your sprinting that annoys the crap out of me.

Comment

You are pressing the shot button too long, tap it and the shot will go hard and low instead.

Comment

One of my favourite methods of taking free kicks...

If it's quite close to the box, hold down on the D-pad, this will give you a bit of a lift when the ball is struck and make it easier to clear the wall, aim the shot for roughly the edge of the goal, let the power bar go to about half way, it's difficult to time, but there is free kick practice in the tutorial.

If I had the means I'd upload some of the free kicks I have on my memory card, alas I do not have any of that fancy tecky ****

Comment

Right, so the "power" bar has an effect on shot elevation then......that's why all my free kicks end up in row z then!
          What effect does pushing the stick towards or away from the goal at the time of shooting have?

Comment

If you push it towards, it's like a top spin effect. The shot will seem more powerful, yet from close range it's tougher to get it over the wall. From a distance a 2/3 power bar will get it over the wall, if you're close however sometimes a small tap and pushing forward might let the ball slip under the wall as the wall does tend to jump occasionally.

These are just my methods of taking free kicks, which has been good for me since ISS Pro '98, I think there are other methods involving swerve etc. But I prefer these methods.

Comment

OKay, cheers for the advice!

Just off to try a few more matches, somehow I make Brazil look like Bolton but some practice should sort that.

Comment

somehow I make Brazil look like Bolton

I'm not much better at WE6 on the Cube, bloody good game though.

Comment

Working...
                X