Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intermittent voice chat problem on Xbox Live

Hiya guys, hope someone can help

My mate Ben just got a NEW Xbox 360, and we've been playing online a bit recently. I invite him and another friend to Xbox Party chat, and while I can hear John all the time, Ben can only be heard intermittently.

He says he can hear everything we are saying, but his voice drops in and out a lot.

Any ideas what it could be? He's moved out to the sticks and is on a 2MB connection if that is any clue?

Cheers.

That connection speed shouldn't be a problem as long as he isn't seeding torrents. I used to use a 1MB connection when I was using XBL.

I know that strict NAT settings can cause problems with voice chat. Perhaps try setting them to open if it's not already setup that way:

An explanation of port forwarding and the necessary steps to set up port forwarding in your router.

Alternatively, his headset may be damaged. I had my wired headset break, and I know it was a common problem. Xbox 1 headsets are a lot sturdier and can be used as well, albeit without volume control. I suppose this would also affect the microphone, though...

Comment

Voice com troubles will also happen if the batteries in his pad are running out. Most likely Is that there is a setup error in his network or he has a poor upload speed due to his location or something in his house using the upload soeed

Comment

Cheers chaps, have passed the info on.

Comment

Working...
        X