Dreamcast light gun games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dreamcast light gun games

Apart from House of the Dead 2, and Confidential Mission what other games were released that are PAL and compatible with a light gun. Also will JAP or US light gun games work if used with a boot disc on a PAL console?

No other games. Sega Smash Pack, which wasn't released in Europe, has Virtua Cop (2?) though.
    As for the region encoding, the region of the gun and of the game need to match, so JAP games work only with JAP official guns, PAL games only work with PAL guns and US games don't work with any official guns. The third party guns are region free. Sega Smash Pack is an exception to this as it doesn't have any region encoding.

I bet Kron will drop by in a few seconds and correct me though...

Comment

I bought an Interact gun here and that wouldn't work with NTSC-U House of the Dead 2.

But, the licensed Mad Catz one worked with everything.

Comment

So a Virtua Cop2 on a US Smash Pack with a suitable boot disk should work with PAL guns?

Comment

It does yeah.

US HotD2 and Confidential Mission don't work with Sega brand light guns though.

Comment

Theres also:

Death Crimson 2 (Jpn only) will work with a PAL gun
            Death Crimson OX (Jpn will) (US won't)
            Demolition Racer (US,Mini game where you shoot oncoming cars, Can't remember if it works with an official gun)
            Virtua Cop 2 (Jpn, Single release non smash pack, PAL gun ok)

Anyone who's played both Death Crimsons would struggle to defend that they are worth ?1 each though, Really shoddy.

Comment

Yeah, don't touch the Death Crimson games. Hideous, hideous games.

Comment

Originally posted by C'
                Yeah, don't touch the Death Crimson games. Hideous, hideous games.
                Duly noted. Thanks for the replies.

Comment

I'd offer a fiver for Death Crimson OX. So if you want to sell me your copy Kron. :P

Comment

You'd regret it MD

Comment

No really I wouldn't, hell I have worse games then Death Crimson in my collection.

Comment

Working...
                      X