Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suikoden 3: using data from Suikoden 2

Hi all,

Recently got the 3rd game in this series. After missing out on using the data from my 1st game, for the 2nd, I made sure this time round I kept my data after completing Suikoden 2. I copied the data over to my PS2 memory card, but when I go to load it, the game says there is no data present.

1) Has anyone had this problem?
    2) Can I fix it?
    3) Am I missing out on much if I just start a game without the data?

Cheers

Are you trying to use PAL Suikoden 2 data on a USA Suikoden 3?

Comment

Oh bummer, yes I am. Guess that must be it.

Damn Konami for not releasing 3 over here

Comment

Oh, and thanks for the reply.

Comment

Crap, I was hoping you'd say no, as I'm going to be in the exact same situation when I get to number 3 then. Maybe I'll hunt out the US versions of the originals then.

Cheers for confirming my fears anyay.

Comment

i decided to hunt down US copies of 1 and 2, and i was suprised at how their value has risen. especially suikoden 2

Comment

I've never used my previous saves on the next Suikoden game due to this, I have PAL Suikoden 1, NTSC Suikoden 2 and NTSC Suikoden 3. I still never managed to get my save from 2 to 3 working. I think you have to get the save onto the PS2 memory card when you do it. But when it asked me to locate my save for suikoden 2, I could see it but not select it for some reason, I tried every button on the controller lol and only thing I could do is back out of the menu to try search another memory card ft:

Luckily you don't miss much though, there is a couple extra books which you can collect and put it in the library when you get your headquarters set up (the books go over stuff which occured in the previous games) and there's like some play script which you can use to have some characters act out to, not sure what that is about though.

Comment

Working...
              X